Chapter 25 | PUZZLED

I'm so sorry I couldn't update last week. I was having a test in school and so I was busy. But Alhamdulillah the test is over now. In this case there will be two chapters today. (I've compensate, right?)
Ramadan Kareem>>>

Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest star.

J.R.R Tolkien

☆☆☆

Labiba wiped her tears with the back of her hand as she enters the hospital room of Ms Amrah. A huge lump formed in her throat as she gasped with the sight in front of her.

She came straight away from the funeral of Ms Maria to the hospital. She wasn't over the death yet and now the case of Ms Amrah is breaking her to thousand of pieces.

She sat by the chair beside the bed as she picked up her left hand in which a cannula was firmly inserted into her veins.

Her heart monitor beeping at a slow phase, an oxygen machine by the side. Her head fully bandaged, a broken arm, dislocation at her neck, stitches all over her body. Everything just wasn't in order.

Labiba stared at her as tears stream down her chin. Indeed Ms Amrah was of a great woman, a life saviour, an optimist, a great role model.

She knew none of them but she cared for them like their own mother. She answered to their calls whenever needed. She stayed with Lina in the hospital without complain. They couldn't but she helped them brought smile back to Lina's face. She brought Lina out of her misfortune plight. She cheered her. She helped her in many situation that Labiba thought are countless.

She didn't deserve this. She didn't deserve being in the hospital bed. She deserves something far better than that. For all the love she showed to them, indeed she deserves the greatest of reward.

She looked after a mentally and physically sick person for years. She took care of an orphan. With what will they ever reward her with.

"Ms Amrah you don't deserve this" Labiba murmured to her self as she tightens her grip.

"Shh Habibty. Allah planned this and I have hope that she'll fully regain her health. It's just a matter of time. Don't you have trust in Allah?" Looth asked her patting her shoulder.

Since he have been standing by her side without uttering a word as he knew that all Labiba wants now is less disturbance.

"Yes habibi, the trust I have for Allah is what kept me all long till now" she stated placing her hand on his that is on her shoulder.

"Don't you think that, that trust is what will make Ms Amrah rise? Just pray for her dear. Blame no one, every thing has been destined to happen. Just pray for her well being, that's all she needed from you; your du'a"

"I know she need our du'a Looth but it's as if we're the cause of her misfortune. If we weren't that careless about granny's sickness Ms Amrah might have been with her family, living happily. But now see what we caused to her life"

As much as Labiba wanted to convince herself that Ms Amrah's plight isn't their own fault, it's already written in her destiny that she must face this phase, the more she keeps doubting the fact that their carelessness about avoiding their grandmother is what caused everything.

She doubted her own sister too whether if Shaytaan isn't playing with her faith. As far as she knows Lina, she isn't the type that don't accept Qadr. She knows that everything that happens is willed to take place.

When their mother died, Lina was the one consoling Labiba. She didn't cried or went hysterics about the death of their mother. She kept everything within the walls of her heart and took sabr. She told them that no burden will ever be too heavy for a servant of God and she's willing to convince herself that the death of their mother isn't just the end of the road, but a link to another life.