Chapter 48 | UNRAVELLING

Hello!

Here's a surprise, a two-in-one update.
A double update. Yesss!

Let's dive into it, shall we??

If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don't, they never were.

Khalil Gibran

☆☆☆

Thunder, it felt as if thunder roared in her chest with every step Lina took. Her heart clenched so tight that any breath she take in, her bust will explode. Her vision was blurring and dizziness was overpowering her.

Her head swarmed with denial and her body buzzed with the shock of the new turn their lives had now taken.

How far have they gone that it seems this hard for her to believe Khaldun will turn his back at her? They weren't even that close to being one. They were two separate units trying to compromise. But, were they both trying to compromise or was she the only one playing that role?

She couldn't answer that.

Her eyes travelled to the only source of light from above, the moon, her companion in solitary. There weren't too much sparkling stars above and the little light illuminating from the moon was dimming.

She wasn't the only one in solitary!

Sometimes, when life places too much pain in her heart, she silently shed her tears with the moon. The tranquility folded with the moon always gives her a hidden hope that one day everything will be back to normal. But today, she watched as that hope she has slips from her hand and walked away from her, leaving her to tears and a chaotic mind.

She folded the ends of her Jilbab and rose to her feet. Placing her hand to the wall for support, she walked back into the lounge after closing the door to her back. Maybe this means that she's closed every door of happiness, who knows?

Her head was still reeling from all that happened and her headache was giving her a second thought, it was getting profound with each tick of the clock... clock?

When she looked up to the clock, it was quarter past eleven. A sob escaped her lips yet again. For how long will she endure this? For how long will she live with Khaldun's roasted soul that has no regards for other? For how long will she keep bottling up emotions within her? This will never take her anywhere. She needs to put an end to everything. She couldn't keep deceiving herself and keep believing that things might one day transform from sour to bitter to sweetness.

"This isn't some sort of a fairytale." She whispered to herself.

She has to put an end to everything. She wouldn't always be the refuse where his dirts are being dumped. She's done being that. She needed to breathe in a fresh air just like everyone lives, with little hardship. What she felt within her felt like a tornado and it was suffocating her, tying and undoing her intestines in twisted knots. She couldn't even trace the source of everything. It's all confusing and conflicting.

One moment she's trying to find the connection between Khaldun and her cousin, the other moment again Areeba pops up from the middle of nowhere, shattering all the pieces she's gathered along the way. Now what's left of her?

Nothing!

Her inner mind whispered to her.

No, it can't be. It took her long enough before she reached this phase. It took her a lot of persistence and perseverance before Khaldun finally paved a way for her into his life. All those efforts she made, the visitation to the disabled home, the nice talks and pleasant smiles, she won't let all that go in vain. She needs to stand back on her feet. But... she has no support and a little strand of hope. Will that be enough for her to conquer all what she's set to change? Will that make Khaldun realize all what's wrong?