Chapter 37 | HIS PHOBIA

Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution

Khalil Gibran

☆☆☆

Despite the vigorous sun that shone its exquisite features and adorned the sky with a sparkling view, penetrating its oozing warmth into the bare skin of every being, the wind still swayed occasionally with an equal enthusiasm. The amount of warmth dancing from such caused a few sweats to trickle down the face of Khaldun. He disregarded it as he gazed into the tranquil surrounding he was.

He was vexed as his mind was perplexed as it knots and undo different scenarios of his being. He wasn't afraid neither was he amazed with his sudden change of atmosphere, he was used to it. What terrified him was how he managed to fit himself into such condition, he was flabbergasted.

His eye rims darken as - from the side of his eyes - he could see the sinister smile dancing at the edge of her fluffy lips almost turning to an enchanting grin. He scowled and hissed beneath his breathe. He nixed the idea she proposed mentally but couldn't voice anything out. Every ounce of being in him detested going to that one place. If only she knew how he hate it with children!

"You'll have to replace that scowl of yours with a fascinating smile ya Khaldun." She mocked, the glint of happiness by the side of her eyes saying it all. She didn't glance over at him but from how he snapped his head irritatingly, she knew his scowl deepened to an abysmal one.

She grinned.

That was all she wanted. She wasn't being brutal but rather neutral. As far as she knew, she was trying to materialise her superb ideas into being. She abhor it when she makes other people vexed with her or her random musings but this was for the benefit of both of them.

She glanced his way before she moved her gaze back to the road in front of her. As he was not ready to vocalise a single of his thoughts out, she continued, "If not the children will detest you and by Allah they won't welcome you next time." She pursed her lips.

"And who told you I'm coming back." His sepulchral voice boomed around Lina's little engine of four wheels.

It wasn't a question and she left it hanging in the air. She wouldn't budge but she reprimanded her being of such. A knowing smile graced her lips as she shook her head. She was determined and wasn't ready to back down easily. A wholesome of challenges were surely going to embrace her ahead and dance with her while she succeeds. She hopes.

The sequestered building came to view and Lina reduced her speed as she approached it. She was there not once nor twice, it was like a second home to her at her agonising moments. For one she knew she was in pain but whenever she visits the sick souls there, the serene innocent children and those with complicated inability, she feels her own burden lightened and sometimes scold herself for being ungrateful.