Chapter 6 | STRUCK IN BETWEEN DILEMMA

The most dangerous heart disease: strong memory

Nizar Qabbani

☆☆☆

Ms Rayn has noticed the drastic change in her master since after Lina's leave. Well, actually they haven't been in conversation terms lately but still he has been sticking himself in either his room or office or in the backyard. She barely get chance to talk to him but still that wouldn't prevent her from noticing the current condition. She has totally no clue on what was going on with him.

At first she thought of it being the absence of Tasneem was terrifying him but sooner than later she was able to figure out that there's actually something he's hiding and she set her mission on tracing back the history. Well, that was when they're alone and this is the prefect chance since Lina isn't in the house.

She prepared a hot cup of chocolate truffle coffee with some cookies and headed to his office determined. She knocked thrice on the door before a startled voice came from the other side. She said her Salam as she enters, placing down the tray on the table before they greeted each other.

Being Mr Danish her master yet Ms Rayn had always regard him as her son. Well, she's almost the same age to his mother, so he also regard her as the mother he found some years back.

"Good day too Ms Rayn" he greeted back faking a smile but Ms Rayn had already notice how he was forcing himself.

"I made some chocolate truffle coffee and some cookies, want some?" she asked and he nodded. She passed him his cup and plate before she looked up at him.

"Can I sit?" She chuckled.

"Oh no Ms Rayn! You really have to ask for my permission?" He stated slightly smiling. She smiled back at him before she took her seat, straightened her skirt and pick up her cup. She took some sips before she placed back the cup taking some bites from her cookies.

"Malik, you know I've recently notice the change in you." He shifted uncomfortably on his seat. "What's wrong with you my son? You are no more who you were before. You hardly smile nor talk, you don't go for your morning exercises, you don't stay for coffee after dinner, you do nothing! You just lock yourself in either your room or here. What's bothering you? You know you can share your problems with me, I'm ever grateful to find a solution to you but lately you've been abandoning me. Why?"

He remained silent for minutes finding the actual words to explain things to her. He know how hard he trys to cover himself, eventually there'll be a day when everything will be out. He don't want to ruin everything since before he clears it. He don't want her to think of him as evil as that. He just don't want to tarnish his image in the society, not now!

No! He won't say anything about that.

"There's actually nothing bothering me Ms Rayn, you are just worrying yourself but I promise you if there is a problem you will be the first to hear of it."