Chapter 26 | MOVING ON

Keep your face to the sun and you will never see the shadow.

Helen Keller

☆☆☆

Ommata sat upright on her bed as thousands of confused ideas dwindles in her mind. She waited impatiently for Rafeeah, her mother, to come inside.

Knots upon knots formed in her mind but she all brushed them off as only what she expects from her mother is Khayr.

The door to her room bolted open and Ommata flinched as she was deep in her thoughts.

"When did I become scary Ommata?" Rafeeah asked sitting by her side.

"You just startle me. What took you so long? Nabiha informed me almost ten minutes ago that you'll come over to my room" She asked changing the topic and thank God she succeeded.

"Oh, I got catched up in some petty works but that don't really matter. Ommata how are you?" She asked her looking straight into her eyes and Ommata stares back at her confused.

"I'm okay?" She stated more of a question and Rafeeah nudged her by the arm.

"I'm asking you and you're asking me back whether you're okay" she stated and they both chuckled.

"I'm fine Mama" she answered bluntly.

"Not this kind of being fine, I mean are you over about your...you know?" She questioned sympathetically and Ommata resisted the urge to nod. She remained silent.

Rafeeah was asking her about Junaid but a mention of his name alone will cause a great waterworks. Ommata made it perfectly sure to both her parent and siblings that as long as she's in the house, nobody has the right to say Junaid's name even if they aren't referring to him. Hearing his name alone brings fever to her.

"Mama I told you that I'm over with that jerk and that you shouldn't ask me again. I'm totally fine. I won't depress my life just because of him. Happiness is all over my surrounding, why would I push it away. You people helped me alot , how can I repay. Wallahi Mama I've start to forget about our past, I just need a little time and you'll see the old Ommata" she assured her and Rafeeah passes her a genuine smile.

"I'm so glad to hear this from you Ommata. It's good you know you need change. I know it'll take time before you totally get over this but always know that I'm right here beside you. I'll always support and respect your decisions Ommata. Always know that you have my support" she smiled genuinely at her face.

The best thing about parents is that they just don't come to your life and later leave you broken, they always stay with you and break together with you. They don't use their sweet words to deceive you, they speak their words full of true love and make you form something from nothing.

They aren't those type of friends that will engage you in swimming, upon reaching the seabed, they let go of you. They'll swim together with you until you trace the depth of the sea, until they make sure you form your own stand before they leave you, not forever but to test your ability.

The smile that usually makes its way to their lips as a result of our action, their prayers, their blessings and guidance is what keep us all along. Trust and love of parents is a great weapon to fight against any misfortune.

But above all the love of a mother is different. Sometimes they do scold and show you their total disagreement towards something, that never mean they despise you. No! They do it intentionally so as for you to find a depending thread or a light out of total gloom.

"Thank you so much Mama. Is this why you're looking for me?" She asked concern clouding her face. She exactly know what brought her mother but she's acting as if everything's going smooth when truly she's cracking internally.