Chapter 21 | LIVING WITH TORTURE

As much as I wanted to update during the day, I couldn't because of school stuffs but wait, it's 10:34pm which means it's still Sunday and I'm within the expected time, right? But wait again, have I ever mentioned something like updating every Sunday? NO! So now I'm saying it. In Shaa Allah I'll be updating every Sunday because I'm only free during the weekends but I fear that whenever I'm writing test or exams I can't. You have to understand me though, I'm still a student and to add to that I'm still in my high school so I really need some time. Thank you>>>

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Eleanor Roosevelt

☆☆☆

After the good wishing pleasantries and huge bear hugs from Wafa and Suri, Lina and Khaldun finally made their way towards the parking lot. A moment Lina had been dreading of to be back to since she realise how loving and amazing Suri was; back to their devastated life.

They both took their seats as he insert the key into the ignition hole. Turning on the engine, it roared as he drove out of the parking lot and finally out of the house to the streets.

The street was quiet and peaceful as for only the breeze blowing across was being heard. As the window was open, Lina's loosed hijab waved in the breeze freely. She close her eyes as she moaned to the pleasure. The breeze blew all across her features which sent shivers down her spine.

She smiled widely at her childhood act. All the gloom in her life felt totally washed away as she savour her moment. A moment which might never come again.

As their car abruptly came to a halt, Lina jolted forward as she was taken off guard as she almost hit her forehead to the dashboard if not with the help of the seat belt.

She let out a deep sigh as she regain her posture but in a second it was replaced with a piercing scream. She close her eyes in terror as the sharp pain radiated through her veins.

A mental picture of her wrist dashed into two halves appeared in her mind and she abruptly open her eyes as the pain kept increasing with each passing second. She cursed beneath her breathe as the moment she trys freeing herself, the pain cut her fear.

"Listen woman" he stated his voice so cold yet there is his natural audacity tone in it.

"I'm Lina not woman!" She yelled and winces as he tightens his grip.

"You're totally under my custody yet you have the guts to yell at me? In no seconds I can turn you into no more" he said smirking.

"Do whatever you want, you jerk!" She snarled at him with a filthy look of dismay.

"Lina" he growl at the mention of her name "Don't you dare provoke me" he warned his authority taking everywhere.

"Then let me be!" She yelp and he loosen his hold but nevertheless didn't let her be.

"Flush all the recent incidents out of your find. I didn't do it for pleasure nor passion, it was just a scene. Don't you dare plaster those images in your thick skull. And you have to know that anytime we're with any relative, we have to act like one newly wedded couples" he crunches his nose "clear?"

"Yes" she answered calmly not knowing what took over her that she couldn't shout or yell at his new order.

Does that mean they'll always be putting up a show in public? That totally mean they are lying. If he don't want her near him in private why would he want her by his side in public. Even in front of her father?! No! She can't lie to her father and seem like everything is normal while actually the opposite of their expectations is the condition she's in.