Chapter 5 | AGONISING EUPHORIA

Life doesn't stop after losing someone, but it goes on without them differently.

Nizar Qabbani

☆☆☆

They sat in an emotionless silence for the past minutes. Words have been sinking in his mouth but his tongue couldn't defeat his lips in uttering them. Even with the presence of air conditioner in the office Malik has been wiping his face nonstop. He can't imagine the danger he has gotten his life and his daughter into.

With all that is going on between him and Lina, he doubt it whether she'll pay heed to him now, it's the second time and his hopes are already flying in the air. He sees no chance or ray of hope in it. She told him but still he's looking further to another conversation with her about the devil disguising as a man in front of him but he couldn't even find her which is now more prior to him.

The silence in the office settled for too long that Malik began to fear the other side of Xavier. Without needs for information he clearly know who Xavier is; of course he's the gentle, calm and reserved owner of 'Vee Arts Collaboration' as being viewed and popularised on the networks but he's never what he is towards Malik.

He's just a devil disguising as a human.

He's the devil himself!

Malik shifted uncomfortably adjusting his chair some inches away from the table as Xavier was staring at him in disgust. The silence was really killing Malik internally but he has no say to it. He couldn't stare back into Xavier's eyes because of some reasons he couldn't fathom. Maybe it's some sorts of nervousness. He stared blankly at their untouched cup of coffee that have been there since his entrance. He looked down at his phone that is smoothly placed on his laps. He pressed the button and to his surprise it was just twenty minutes past eleven in the morning, he had been in the office for what seems like years but it was only twenty minutes that lapsed.

"Malik Danish you're my only pain in the neck! How long will it take you to figure out your daughter. I've been waiting for you for what seems like years, is it now that we've reach the edge that you'll come up with an unreasonable excuse? She's missing right, how can she disappear without your knowledge? If you can't get your daughter back and make preparations for the marriage to take place then I'm afraid I'll sue you to the court of law" he stated his voice slightly raising. "You know I have all the evidence and proofs, all the valid documents are here" he pointed towards his locker "and your signatures are all there" Xavier made it clear calmly yet his voice was stern.

Malik stared at him blankly the words still echoing in his mind ...I'll sue you to the court of law... His eyes bulged out.

WHAT THE HECK!

"But Sir I said I can pay you back. I can pay you back twice what I owe you, and yes I can agree to make the price thrice the original cost but sir please let my daughter be. I'm all she has now, please." Although his voice sounded a little harsh, he was still pleading.

He just can't understand the type of devil in front of him. He sure know that all the matter was documented but he make a deal to pay him twice or thrice so as to get his daughter out of the scene. He would never forgive himself if this would in any way lead to the unhappiness of Lina. He can't bare to force her.

Xavier leaned forward on his table hinging his face on his palm, his eyes full of out most determination. Boring his gaze deep in Malik's eyes, he cleared his throat.

"When you signed the contract there wasn't buts in the case so the deed must be done. You can now go" he beckoned him towards the door dismissing him angrily. Malik stood up abruptly leaning forward on the table facing Xavier.