Chapter 50 | BONDING

If light is in your heart, you'll find your way home.

Rumi

☆☆☆

Lina couldn't breathe, although the place was a bit stuffy, that wasn't the cause of her heaving. She staggered on her feet. What was happening? Her vision was blurring and everything around her was swirling. She reached for the stone to maintain balance but before she could get a hold of it, her feet slips and she couldn't maintain balance, she fell to the ground. She was dizzy.

She felt a rough grip to her arm and was dragged about six feet ahead the stone. She fought but she was weak and the grip was firm enough to swell her arm. A sob escaped her lips, why was she weak all of a sudden?!

"You either leave or I slit her throat." Imtisal roared with anger as she brought out a pocket knife and hold it few inches against Lina's throat. Her leg was still bleeding, profusely, and soon she might lose balance as well. But she had to fight back!

"Lina, I warned you to stay back." Malik whispered, his voice shaking. Fear was buzzing him. What if he lose her? He wouldn't be strong again, not ever! For one reason, all this while, he was only strong because of Lina. She was the only one that proved to him that one will always find happiness in life so far as he thrives for it. With everything she's undergo, Lina was never one to give up, she fought for herself and the ones she loved. She'd always given him hope of something joyful ahead whenever there was a hard time. She's been his rock for support all this while.

"Officer, please, don't let her murder my daughter." He pleaded to the officer.

"Drop your weapon, whatever you do here, you've no choice but to surrender. Whatever you do, any violent act, will be filed against you and your case will worsen."

Her grip on Lina's arm was loosing, she was losing balance. Her leg was bleeding, profusely. She staggered back a bit and rested her weight to her right leg, she has to limp to maintain her composure. Lina blinked her eyes, her head was aching. Things were swirling around her. She was still dizzy but one thing she knew was she had to get out from Imtisal's grip. Any slight movement she makes, Imtisal's knife will slit her throat. And her being under Imtisal was a disadvantage to the officers, she was the threat.

Lina gathered all the energy she has and hit Imtisal's bleeding leg with hers. She screeched and cut Lina on the side of her neck before pushing her forward. She fell to the ground with a thud.

"Lina!" Malik's voice echoed.

Imtisal too couldn't maintain balance and she fell on her back.

The officer handcuffed her and arrested the rest of the members by the stone. They were still mute.

Malik carried an unconscious Lina in his arm and another officer carried Khaldun out.

☆☆☆

The morning breeze rattled against the window frames. It was no more snowing but the morning atmosphere was freezing. Lina shifted under the duvet draped over her body and squinted her eyes. She blinked twice to adjust to the light before taking everything in. She's in a hospital room.

An IV was injected into her left hand and her heart monitor was beating steadily. Her neck was bandaged, it was excruciatingly paining. She was weary and thirsty.

"Lina, you're awake?" It was Wafa. She was sleeping on the chair beside her bed.

"Mama? Did I woke you up?" Her voice was a bit hoarse. "Oh no, I dozed off some minutes ago. It wasn't a heavy slumber. How're you feeling?" She stood and came closer to Lina.