Chapter 45 | WEDDING BELLS

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair

Khalil Gibran

☆☆☆

Lina blinked back the stubborn tear that was trying to escape her lid. A lump was forming at her throat but she cared less about that, she worries more about the tear. She didn't want to give it an entrance. She wasn't supposed to be crying rather she was supposed to show how enthusiastic she was about what was going to happen. But the question is, are the tears for agony or euphoria?

She couldn't answer that question.

Somehow she felt happy about what was soon happening; an addition to the family but on a better note, that addition only touched a sore spot in her heart. A very rough touch.

The more she seems to compose herself that her father was taking in a new wife and that wife is Ms Amrah, the woman who took care of her late granny when they weren't there, the more it seems to remind her about the absence of her mother. And that, indeed, scrubbed the rough spot in her.

There's never a day she remembers the memories they shared together without a lone tear escaping her eyes. But now wasn't such a day. Her father and her sister were happy about it, Ms Rayn too. Even little Ayoub was but she was kinda not okay with it. She sniffed back the lump and tried plastering a smile to her face.

"When are you leaving?" She asked.

Her father, Labiba, Looth, Ayoub, Ms Rayn and some of her father's uncles were both leaving for Palestine for the solemnisation while she has to stay for Ommata's nikah as both wedding collided the same day.

"Wednesday, two days to the nikah." Labiba answered her.

"That's tomorrow! Seems you've been planning without me. Well, it isn't like I'm going." She huffed.

"Hey, you've Ommata's wedding to attend remember? She'll really need you by her side during the wedding. Your stay is worth it."

"Khaltu, I'm going to Palestine!" Ayoub chirruped, bouncing on his feet before he landed his weight upon Lina.

She smiled, "Ayoub you're growing, you're soon going to dislocate my bones. And yes, you're going to Palestine. Are you happy?"

He looked into her eyes, "I'm happy Khaltu. Ms Amrah is coming back home. I'll get to have some tarts anytime we visit."

Lina felt a pang of guilty spurting up her mind. Why isn't she enthusiastic about what's happening? Even Ayoub, who barely knows anything about what's happening is happy with the return of Ms Amrah. Not to talk of how her father changed within a span of moment. And yes, his happiness do matters to her, a lot. Yet she can't fathom what's wrong with her. Is this some sort of sickness?

"Uhm, excuse me Labiba, I need to see Abuya."

She scurried to his office. She felt like suffocating. With all that's going around in her head she needed some time to herself to make her mind believe and accept what's soon happening but before that, she needed her father first if not, any moment from now she'll lose control of her inner mind.