Chapter 23 | HONEYMOON?

Couldn't help but publish this today even though it isn't yet Sunday. The chapter is kinda short so, I thought of publishing it.

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.

William Shakespeare

☆☆☆

Both Lina and Khaldun stood at the hotel's hallway awkwardly as they wait for the great model as she's yet to be done with her makeup. Lina stood by the side of her room's door whilst he stood across from her as he waits impatiently tapping his foot as he keep gazing at his wristwatch.

So, even to his lover he can't tolerate lateness?

After some minutes passed by, the room's door bolted open and the first thing that caught Lina's attention was the all-glittery accessories and gown worn by Areeba. Not only were her shoe and hair shinning but her skin too was. It was as if she had an all-glittered shower.

Lina gazed at her from head to toe before she looked down at her own outfit. Compared to the season it was which is winter, Lina wore her sweatpants, a loosed t-shirt and also a loosed cardigan and top it all with a knee-length heavy coat. She wore her socks and a snickers and also added a glove and above all wore her identity; her hijab.

Miss glitters on the other hand wore a floor length armless glittery turquoise gown, a wedge and a purse as she tied her hair in a high stylish ponytail.

Even though turquoise has been the best colour to Lina but seeing Areeba wore a turquoise gown made her want to throw up. All she represented was more or less a glittery young teenage girl.

When is she going to start acting sensible?

Areeba gawk at Lina and flinched away in disgust "What's this?" She asked Khaldun with a disgusted face as she make reference to Lina's appearance.

"This" Lina seethed "is called modesty. A word you've never heard before." Areeba rolled her eyes in reply as she grab unto Khaldun's arm.

Lina could stand any insult but not with one against her identity, religion or race. No one has the right to question her about her physical appearance. That's what she wants and only she has the right to make decision on such matters. She isn't dressing up to please any one, she's doing it for her Lord and she enjoys covering all part of her body.

She isn't against Areeba showing off her hair or any part of her body. No! They all are in a free world and everybody has an equal right to the other just as Lina has the right to dress up in modest. All she knows is that no one should tamper with her way of dressing as long as she isn't dressing up for them. Not even her dear husband. All she want is for every high-necked person whose idle work is to always mingle with other's life to pay more attention to their own affairs.

At least they too have their own problems!

"Let's get this into your thick skull now, Lina" he stated and Lina eyed him wearily. "Everywhere we go, as in till we're back to Toronto, Areeba will be my wife and you'll be my sister" he stated nonchalantly and Lina hissed beneath her breathe.

"Better!" She muttered.

"What?" He asked her narrowing his brows.

"Better" she screeched boldly and sternly.

Khaldun together with Areeba and Lina following behind them headed towards the elevator as they all leave to the cinema.

☆☆☆

Lina tossed from right to left to center on her bed. She's feeling tired and all consumed up but sleep won't just come. She groaned as the more she wanted to sleep, the more her eyes becomes drier.

The side of her lips twitched in a sadistic smile as she remembered the earlier condition of Areeba. Although she did disturbed her with her sneezes on their way back home, Lina still couldn't stop herself from savouring the moment.

It was late in the night when the protagonist at last got success at banishing the villain from the land, yes it was a romantic movie, that was when the movie was over. The most agonising moment to Lina's life. She wasn't a claustrophobic but rather the two lovebirds beside her made her cringe with being in the cinema.

She loved the movie from the first sight but the teenage lovers beside her didn't let her focus on the movie. The kept talking and talking, holding and kissing each other's knuckles, swaying from left to right upto the extent that Areeba poured Lina's popcorn on her coat.

That alone didn't made them stopped as they continue chatting until an elderly man scolded them of their childhood behaviour. Everyone's eyes turned to them and Areeba turned red in embarrassment. That, Lina couldn't stop herself from laughing.

So, she could at least feel embarrassed whenever she did sound ridiculous.

When they all came out in search of a cab, they couldn't find one going their way as a result of the snows falling and it was already late in the night.

They had no other option rather than to walk down their hotel which was almost twenty minutes walk away from the cinema.

To Lina it had been a dream come true. She had always been dreaming of walking late at night, arm in arm with her beloved one in a falling snow. At least, even though her dream isn't complete, she got a chance.

She walked freely in the snow as the cold penetrates through her spine and she kept shivering but never the less didn't want the moment to end.

Areeba on the other hand kept tugging herself into Khaldun and his suit. She was shivering and trembling in cold. Her teeth kept chattering as the muscles in her jaw expands whilst her body was shaking. She couldn't get hold of herself. The snow made a cover above her hair and skin. It was when Khaldun offered her his suit that the shivering reduced a little.

Lina walked freely and careless of the people beside her. All she did was laughed her mind out when she remembered Areeba tampering with her hijab which now served a great advantage to Lina.

Before they all got home, Areeba was terribly fighting a continuously running nose, unstoppable sneezes and a terrible cough.

Poor girl!

☆☆☆