Chapter 41 | SHE'S IN TOWN

A true friend overlooks your failures and tolerates your success!

Doug Larson

☆☆☆

Khaldun squeezed the small towel within his palm before he used his right hand to gently wipe his gash, although it has started to heal, there was some pain in it. He watched his view in the mirror from where he stood - in front of the basin - as his left elbow rested on the basin whilst he uses his right to ease his pain.

From the time he got the injury, it's been two days and without the help of his spouse the other day, he wouldn't imagine how he'd be feeling today. Although the doctor treated the gash the other day he was at the hospital with his spouse, he knew if Lina hadn't treated him at first, the case would have profound.

He applied the antiseptic once again before he wrapped the bandage and rolled down his sleeve. He washed the towel before washing his hand and headed out from the restroom. As it was a Saturday morning, his main schedule was to catch up his missing details with Omar about what they discussed the other day at the hospital.

Still, he felt the need to dug out the suspicions overpowering him. He knew Areeba the most but one thing he was mistaken about her was the total submission of trust he gave to her. He trusted her over his life. The other day he received a call from an anonymous person and what he conveyed to him was shocking. He told him he had clicked a few pictures of Areeba and the caller told him she was in Toronto, with a guy specifically.

One thing he was confused about was why the person was telling him that? It's either the person is an enemy to Areeba or the person loves Khaldun. But one thing again was that should he trust the man? It isn't like he had seen the pictures or Areeba herself with a man. Why would he even trust such accusations?

How did the man even know Areeba is his girlfriend?

Putting aside all the chaos and commotion encircling his head, he knocked on Lina's bedroom door and he heard her voice ushering him in. He closed his eyes briefly as he sighed before turning the doorknob. Since after the little accident, every time his hazels rested on her figure he felt guilty. He knew Lina and her agility and he knew she was never a bed type especially in a sunny day like today but her voice alone could make one perceive how in pain she was talk less of how she curled her body under the duvet even with the rays shining through her window.

And what made him more guilty was the fact that since after they were back from the hospital she refused to look into his eyes. He wasn't yearning for it but at least he needed a little assurance from her to know whether he's at stake or not. His ego couldn't let him ask for forgiveness even though he wanted to, but specifically he wanted her to open up first. He didn't want to put pressure on her. Not after what he'd caused before.

He said his Salam and she replied him in a hoarse tone. Even though her back was resting on the headboard, she was still under the duvet. Her eyes were a little bit swollen and pale and a few wrinkles settled at the edge of her eyes. She looked frazzled.