Chapter 1.

I quietly watched as he sat down laughing with about 6 of his friends. Dontae Taylor. He was the most popular boy in school, all the older's rated him, all the younger's wanted to be him and all the girls loved him.

Not including me.

I seemed to be the only girl in my year who actually despised him. Well not despised, that's a strong word; I just dislike him.

I had a twin brother who was also popular. He was what girls call 'buff'.

He's a very light brown colour, like me, he had normal brown eyes, again like me, and the cutest smile, even though I wouldn't ever admit that to him. He had one ear ring and was really vain but girls still liked him.

I think he looked like a baby due to his braces, so I called him 'baby cakes' to piss him off. He had little curls that sat on top of his head. We didn't even look like twins, we only looked similar in some aspects but were totally different.

We mainly had the same friendship group. People always assumed he was the more sociable, nicer twin. Which was a lie. I just don't like people, so I come across rude.

The thing is when people see me they automatically assume I'm a stuck up lightskin girl who thinks she's too prestige or whatever, but I think I'm exactly the opposite. Especially because the majority of my friends are boys, so I'm labelled a hoe as well. I'm not a usual 'lighty' you could say. Apparently I'm overly sarcastic, and very rude but I am actually quite nice when you get to know me.

I have long dark brown hair which is naturally curly and thick. We're ½ Jamaican, ¼ Brazilian and ¼ Chinese. I loved my Chinese heritage as my edges were always laid. My eyes were a kindof light shade of brown and I'm a light brown colour. I didn't really know what to call my colour since it was much lighter than black but it wasn't quite mixed race.

Oh, my full name is Jayda Keiyana Anamarié Ma-Zhao-Yan Chiku Michaels. I'm 14 years old and in year 10, I go to Beckworth Academy in South London, nearly everyone in my school is ghetto.

The bell finally rang and I packed up my stuff and started to walk out when Jayden jumped in front of me.

'Yes Jayden?' I sigh. His full name is Jayden Kayden António Mai-Zhao-Ying Ochi Michaels. See how my mum had tried to make them match?

'Why you getting rude?' He screws me. I sigh and roll my eyes.

'Yes?' I ask irritated, I was meant to be going to English.

'Tell mum I'm gonna be home late, k?'

I knew what he did after school but I couldn't admit it to myself. I have told him not to get involved in all that gang stuff but once you're involved you can't uninvolve yourself, can you? He saw it as a good thing because everyone in the "ends" was scared of him, mostly because if you saw his cute baby face you'd think he's harmless but his temper could switch fast. If you pissed him off, all I could do is pray for you.

'Yeah, sure. Whatever.' I barge past him and walkout the classroom. I heard him call after me that I'd best tell her but I blanked him and went to my lesson.

I got to the classroom and my two besties were sitting down talking about something. Nia looked up at me and her smile widened.

'Wagwan baby girl?' She was such a ghetto yardie. She was full Jamaican but light, and had really beautiful hair, well she was beautiful, I was so jealous. I chuckle.

'Hi.' I sat down in my usual seat.

My other best friend Chennai was unusually quiet.

'Are you okay Che?' I turned to face her. She nods.

'Yeah.' She sniffs. But we saw a single tear roll down her cheek.

'Chennai? What's wrong?!' I ask feeling really concerned. Chennai never normally cried.

'It's nothing. Really.' She says wiping her face. I left it. If she wanted to tell me, she would.

The rest of the day was how it normally went.

I was walking out of school with Chennai. I put my earphones in and start to walk to the shop near our school.

'Bye babes!' Chennai shouts running for her bus. I wave after her.

I was walking when I heard someone shout.

'Yo!'

I didn't turn around because my name isn't 'Yo' and to be honest, I was just scared. I walked faster than a tall boy appeared in front of me. He grins exposing a dimple in his cheek. I took out one of my earphones.

Boys don't normally approach me because they know who my brother is.

'I was calling you.'

'My name isn't yo.' I reply looking away from him. He let out a deep chuckle.

'Did you want something or...?' I say trying to walk around him but he moved so I couldn't get past.

'Yeah, your pin b.' He wasn't actually ugly but I don't talk to boys as I knew nothing would ever come out of it, it's just not how my world works.

'Sorry. I don't give my pin to strangers.' I lied.

'Whatever, your butters anyway. Thought you were a jezzie.' He kisses his teeth, about to walk off.

I scoffed loudly, I should've kept my thoughts to myself and moved on to be honest, but I didn't.

'I'm a jezzie and ugly cos I rejected you? Okay big man.' i sarcastically reply, chuckling.

'Oi, mind your fucking mouth una. Don't forget you're a girl.' His eyes darkened and his grin had vanished. Even though I was now scared I didn't want to show it, or back down. That's one of my flaws, I'm so argumentative.

'I'm a girl now? Thought I was just a butters jezzie. Thanks for the upgrade.' I give him a thumbs up before attempting to walk away.

He grabbed my wrist tightly and pushed me against a wall roughly and I groaned in pain. I felt my eyes starting to water. I tried to look around but he was blocking my sight.

'I thought I said mind your fucking mouth. You thots man. Talk too much when dick ain't in your mouth.' I would've given a smart reply but I was now scared. He held onto my wrist tighter and towered over me. I was praying someone would come and help me. 'What? Ain't running your mout no more, nah?' My words were stuck in my throat and I couldn't say anything.

'Ol! What the fuck you doing?!' I heard a boy shout. Thank God! The boy moved back but was still holding my wrist. I saw Dontae with Kieran. Out of everyone, why him? He came over and pushed the boy and he let go of my wrist and I rubbed it.

'Do I know you fam?' The boy says looking Dontae up and down.

'Why the fuck are you touching her?' He says squaring up to the boy.

The boys scoffs and tries to walk away after looking Dontae up and down. Dontae chuckles and pulls him back.

'Nah, where you going? You think you're a big man by touching up little girls?' What did he mean little girl? I kiss teeth.

''Whatever, she's just some any jezzie.' Dontae quickly punches him, causing me to roll my eyes.

'Fuck off.' He demands, inspecting his fist. The boy runs away holding his red cheek. Then Dontae turns to me. I glare at him.

'You're welcome...' He says screwing me. He wasn't too fond of me either. He was tired of me hating him. I roll my eyes. This is why I don't like him, he thinks violence is the key to everything and he's so self-centred. He thinks the Sun revolves around him.

'You didn't need to hit him.' I say harshly.

'Next time, I'll just let him rape you then innit.' He says then kisses his teeth. I roll my eyes as images pass through my mind. I think Dontae sees the moment of vulnerability that flashes through my eyes.

'I can handle things myself Dontae. You don't always have to get involved.' I mutter coldly before strutting off.