Chapter 2

I stare at him intently as worry appears in my eyes. Did he spell Aquarius or something to make her like this? She would never give me to someone else.

"I'm going to train you," he says as a gasp escapes my lips. Train me? But, why? Why is he going to train me? I meet his gaze, awaiting the full truth.

"Why?"

"You have a lot of potential," he says as a sigh escapes my lips. "If I don't get the opportunity to train you, your potential would go to waste."

I nod. "Alright, train me."

He sighs, arching a brow. "The first thing we will learn is hand to hand combat," he says as a smile appears on my face. Aquarius nods in my direction before disappearing into thin air.

"Lucy, Brandish, you two will spar against each other," he instructs as a serious expression appears on my face. "You cannot use magic." I exchange a nervous glance with Brandish as she furrows her eyebrows in concentration.

Long ago, my mommy decided to teach me how to defend myself using martial arts and hand to hand combat. This way, I was able to protect myself in case something went wrong. "I-I'm sorry, Brandish..." I say nervously before giving her a good punch to her face.

"Good job, Lucy," Zeref says before she shoots a glare at me. Brandish charges at me before I sidestep, allowing her to trip over my leg. "Ahhhh!!!" She yells, plummeting to the ground.

"That sums it up for today," he says as hope fills my eyes. Maybe, he is right. A smile appears on Zeref's face as an island came into view. My eyes widen in amazement as I stare at the island.

"Who else is here?" Brandish asks in a hopeful tone. Zeref sighs, staring at the ground as he furrows his eyebrows in concentration. "There's a bunch of my civilians," he says as I nod. "But, there are two powerful mages known as August and Irene."

I smile. "They sound amazing!"

The boat makes it to shore when a woman with red hair walks toward us, having a bright smile on her face. "Hello, I'm Irene," she says before I wave in her direction, being happy to see a friendly face.

An man came into view, stroking his brown beard. "Hey, children," he says with a kind smile. "My name is August." Brandish immediately connects with August, seeming super happy about meeting him.

I head to Irene, having an amazed look on my face. "Irene, you look so pretty," I say in astonishment as a smile appears on her face. "I hope that someday I will be as pretty as you."

She smiles, welcoming me in with a giant hug. "Trust me, you already are," Irene says as a grin appears on my face. This woman wasn't just pretty, but humble too. Maybe I will enjoy living here much more than I thought.