Chapter 95

Tears stream down my cheeks as I stop in the forest. All this time, I thought they cared for me. But, I was wrong. The first chance they could get, they would get rid of me. "Luce!" A familiar voice calls as Natsu rushes towards me.

"Natsu." I shakily stare at him as my fists tremble. The dragon slayer stops in front of me, being out of breath. He narrows his eyes at me, having a worried look on his face. "Luce, I-I saw what happened..." He says, having pity in his tone.

"Everyone saw what happened," I say, feeling his intense stare. I look away as my fists clench in anger and frustration. "I-I just don't get it..." I murmur, feeling his warm hand on my shoulder. I slowly turn around, staring into his dark eyes.

"What do you mean?" He asks, tilting his head to the side like a lost puppy. I sigh heavily, staring at the ground for a moment. He pulls me in for a hug as a calm smile appears on my face, reminding me how I could trust him.

"Well..." I begin, not exactly sure where to start. "All of the wizard saints knew how important this was to me. First, I've been trying to find a way to stop my mom. Then, she captures me and..." My voice cracks as tears form in my eyes. "I-I get kicked out of the wizard saints..."

"Luce, that shouldn't concern you," Natsu says in a proud tone. "You are stronger than all of them combined, and everyone is so impressed by you." I exchange a look with him as a bright smile appears on my face.

"Why is everyone so afraid of me then?" I press as he stares at the ground. Natsu sighs heavily, narrowing his eyes at me. He furrows his eyebrows in concentration, not daring to take his eyes off of me. "Acnologia has been saying bad stuff about you," Natsu says sadly.

"I've heard..." I say as he protectively stands over me. I stare into his dark eyes as chills dance down my spinal cord. Natsu has always been there for me. Even when I pushed him away, he was there.

Everything happens too fast. His soft lips touch mine as I immediately accept him. I kiss him back, being thankful that he was there for me. He pulls me closer to him as I smile, feeling the warmth of his body.

My eyes open as I stare into his dark orbs, our faces inches apart. "Luce, I—" He starts as a look of panic appears on his face. I blush a dark shade of red as my heart starts to beat quickly.

"It's alright," I say as a bright smile appears on my face. "Natsu, you're the reason I feel like a real person again and—" My voice cracks as tears of joy appear in my eyes. My heart beats faster as I narrow my eyes at him. "L-Luce..." Natsu says calmly.

Happy flies towards us with a smile. "I'm here!" Happy says. I chuckle to myself as Natsu shoots a glare at the exceed. Happy's eyes widen in surprise as Natsu chases him away. I smile, being excited that I feel alive once again.

I sigh heavily, realizing that they were now gone. They're idiots, I think to myself. "Lucy," a dark voice says as I turn around. Shivers run down my spinal cord as I prepare myself for a fight.

"Show yourself," I say harshly, feeling the strength of nature in my veins. Luke steps out of the shadows, narrowing his eyes at me. "Don't forget your end of the deal," he says coldly.

I heave a sigh, thinking back to my master. While Natsu made me feel happy again, there isn't a soul who could replace my master. And, that's why I need to get him back. Back.