Chapter 82

Shocked expression appear on their faces as they narrow their eyes at me. "We have to inform the others," Irene says in a serious tone. Dimaria nods in agreement, not daring to take her eyes off of me.

I nod, furrowing my eyebrows in concentration. "Go ahead and make the meeting at the fairy tail guild hall," I say sharply as they rush away. Wendy and Natsu stand there, having nervous looks on their faces. Natsu sighs heavily, narrowing his eyes at me.

"Luce, are you okay?" He asks, putting his hand on my shoulder. I shake my head no as my mind drifts to my mom and how she was trying to kill me. I was at a major loss. Why would she try to kill me like that?

"I-I don't know how to explain it..." I say softly, staring at the ground. "M-My mom tried to kill me and—" My voice cracks. "I don't know why..." Natsu pulls me towards his chest as tears roll down my cheeks. A chill dances down my spinal cord as I recall my master hugging me the same way.

I shrug his arm off as a look of surprise makes its way to his face. "I-I'm sorry about that..." He chokes out, staring at the ground in dismay. I stare at him as instant guilt forms within me. He was only trying to support me.

"No, I'm sorry..." I say, staring at the ground. This is my fault. I only push people away when they are trying to support me. He heaves a sigh, glancing at me for a moment. "Luce, don't cry," he says in a soothing tone.

I frown, clenching my fists. "It's all my fault..." I groan angrily. "It's my fault that your brother is dead! I didn't recognize my responsibility and let Acnologia push me around in the meetings! When I got away, I was too stunned to fight back against my own mom! It's all my fault!"

I bury my face in my palms as regret twists in my stomach. I feel a hand on my shoulder, seeing Natsu's sympathetic look. "Luce, you're not alone," he says in a comforting tone. "We are here to help you."

He engulfs me in a hug as I sob into his chest. I'm broken. I miss my master and miss how my life used to be. "I don't know what to do anymore..." I murmur, knowing that the two dragon slayers heard me.

"Lucy, you should follow your heart," Wendy says with a comforting smile. "Don't just go through the motions anymore. Anything is possible." I flash her a smile, feeling thankful that they were here for me. Now, I know what must be done.