Chapter 41

It wasn't long before we were being sent to different homes of the retired members of the council. Natsu, Wendy, Happy, Carla, and I went to find this member of the council, hoping he would still be alive.

We have to be extra careful. If finding these demons meant what I thought it does, then magic itself would be at risk. "Lucy, are you okay?" Wendy asks worriedly as I nod.

"I-I'm just concerned.." I admit as she nods. As we made it to the small town, Natsu leads us to the place. A young girl answers the door, having a kind expression on her face. "Does Michello live here?" Wendy asks.

"Yes, why?" The girl says, staring at us suspiciously. I glare at the girl, feeling slightly irritated. "Well, he's in danger," Natsu says bluntly.

I nudge him. "Be careful how much you say," I whisper as he nods. She heaves a sigh before leading us inside. Michello comes down the stairs, having a dark look on his face. "What do you want?" He demands angrily.

"S-Sir, we need to talk to you.." Wendy says. He rolls his eyes, looking frustrated. Natsu sniffs the air, having a concentrated look on his face. My eyes widen. "Everyone, get down!" Natsu commands.

I press myself to the ground as explosions go off above us. I should have known this whole time. As the explosive material fades away, a man stands above the house, having an annoyed yet amused expression on his face.

"Jackal," I say as his eyes widen. He stares at me in confusion. Jackal is a member of the nine demon gates. To a member of the spriggan, the nine demon gates are not even half as powerful as us.

"H-How do you know my name, pesky human?" He roars as I glance at Natsu, seeing an enraged look on his face. I grab Natsu's arm, hoping that he could destroy him. Overall, I hate my master's demons as much as I hate Acnologia.

"Natsu, don't touch him," I warn as Jackal studies me. "If you do, then you will explode." Jackal glares at me as I smirk, seeing him eye me carefully.

"How do you know so much about me?" Jackal roars as I sigh, knowing I have to be extra careful. If I said the wrong thing, my cover could easily be blown. "I did my own research," I say coldly.

He frowns. "Alright then."

Natsu smiles. "Luce, don't worry," Natsu says with a toothy grin. I roll my eyes, knowing he was asking for a death wish. The nine demon gates may not be that powerful, but you shouldn't underestimate them.

Instead of having real life magic, they have a powerful source called curses. Demons are born with curse magic, and they have special abilities with the curse magic. Natsu smirks, being more than prepared to take Jackal on. I just hope this demon gets what he deserves.