Chapter 54

My feet rest in the foot of the pool as I relax with Brandish, Dimaria, and Irene. Today was a beautiful day as we wait for master Zeref to give us the instruction to attack Fiore. A smile curves around my lips as excitement forms deep within me. I cannot wait to show those weak fairies my true power.

"Hello, ladies," God Serena's voice came from behind. I slowly turn my head as he narrows his eyes at Dimaria. I exchange a look with Irene as a smirk appears on her lips. "What are you doing here?" Irene asks innocently.

"D-Dimaria, I want to talk to you..." He says nervously as his cheeks burn red. I arch a brow as a look of realization appears on Brandish's face. I catch Brandish's gaze, seeing a smirk appear on her face. "Whatever you need to say, you can say it in front of my friends," Dimaria says coldly.

His cheeks flush in embarrassment. "O-Okay..." He says, clenching his trembling fists. I glance at Dimaria, seeing an impatient look appear on her face. The dragon slayer sighs, not daring to take his eyes off of Dimaria. "Just say it," Dimaria says.

God Serena sighs, regaining his composure. "Alright then," he says, having more confidence in his tone. "Will you go out with me?" Dimaria freezes in place as her eyes widen in shock.

I nudge Dimaria, seeing her surprised look. "That would be nice," I say, seeing Dimaria shoot me a glare. "Tomorrow night will work for the both of you." Dimaria blushes as her cheeks burn darker than Irene's hair.

"O-Of course..." Dimaria says, biting her lip. God Serena smirks as he stares at Dimaria. I exchange a look with Irene, seeing a smile appear on her face. "Since that's settled, leave us to our girl time," I order as he hurries away.

Dimaria sighs loudly, getting our attention. "Okay, why did you do that!?" She asks angrily, having a cold look on her face. I smirk, seeing the same expressions on Irene's and Brandish's faces.

"Nice job, Lucy!" Irene says with a smile. I nod, accepting her compliment. Brandish smiles, having a bored expression on her face. "I will get you for this," Dimaria says in a pouty tone.

"What do you have in mind?" Brandish asks casually. "After all, everyone knows that Lucy is dating the emperor." I chuckle, placing my hand on Dimaria's shoulder in comforting manner.

"It's not that big of deal," I say with a smile. "If you don't like going on a date with him, then you don't need to go on another one." Dimaria sighs heavily, nodding lightly. Someone taps my shoulder as a shiver ran down my spinal cord.

Goosebumps cover my body as I use my magic to drench the person in pool water. I slowly turn my head around, gasping in surprise. My master stood there, being completely drenched in water. My eyes widen in surprise as he held a serious expression. "Lucy," he says sternly.

My body stops, being completely frozen in place. "Good luck," Dimaria snickers, having amusement in her tone. I glance at Irene and Brandish, seeing their nervous expressions. A chill ran down my spinal cord as I stare at my master.

"Okay, I've learned my lesson," my master says, having a smile on his face. "I should've known not to sneak up on a lady." All of us burst into laughter as I stare at my master with my brown orbs.

"Master, I..."

"Lucy, I need to speak with you," he says urgently. I nod, knowing that anything could've happened. He leads me into a different location as I prepare to hear the worst type of news.