Chapter 20

We relax, feeling rather calm, and I couldn't wait to get back to my apartment. Maybe, I will be able to call my master and check up on him.

A sudden noise brought us back to reality. The noise scared me deep within, and I felt drawn to it. Why? This noise was enormous and very threatening. People could hear it all throughout Fiore.

In the sky, a blue and black dragon hovering over us, preparing to attack. "W-We need to do something..." Wendy says in alarm, eyeing the dragon carefully.

"You can't harm it!" Gildarts declares. "We need to retreat!" I glance at them, knowing they were correct. This thing must be Acnologia, the black dragon. My master always told me about this dragon and how dangerous it was.

"Acnologia!" I shriek, seeing the others stare at me. His presence surprised me. My master did inform me that he met my ancestors before and maybe that would help me. "My children, get out of here!" Makarov yells.

I glance at him, knowing he would most likely die. "Master, no!" Erza screams. "We can't let you die like this!" Makarov stares at us, having a warm look in his eyes. This warm look reminds me of August, Irene, and Brandish.

I missed them so much and longed to go back to them. "We must respect his wishes!" Gildarts yells as I glare at him, remembering all of the death Acnologia caused. We lost a few members of the spriggan thanks to Acnologia.

We lost Nadia, one of my best friends. She always hung around Brandish and I. She was learning nature magic, being an extremely powerful mage. But, even the strongest mages fall.

She fell because she had a fatal flaw. She froze when she was afraid instead of taking action. I remember the day when she died right in front of me. He almost decided to come and kill me when August and Irene chased him away.

The funeral for Nadia was sad. She was one of my closest friends along with Brandish. We would miss her, and I couldn't bear to be without her sometimes. But, as we all know, life goes on.

We eventually got over it and more members died. "We must help him!" I declare, seeing all of the fairy tail mages stare at me. "No matter what, we have to defeat him!" I glare at Acnologia, feeling his intense stare.

He lets out an ear piercing noise, making me cover my eardrums. I know he can talk like a normal human, so why doesn't he? Tons of questions enter my mind as I glare at Acnologia.

"Lets attack!" Natsu yells as everyone sends their attacks at Acnologia. The dragon smirks, being launched back. I glance at the sight, seeing him stand up. None of us have an actual chance against him.

"Guys, we need to circle up," Makarov commands as I glance at Acnologia, seeing him stare at me with pure hatred. I take the hands of Natsu and Gray, feeling the deep power of our resolve and friendship protect us from Acnologia's breath attack.