Chapter 92

It felt like no time passed when we arrived at the Crocus border. Luke was inside, planning on recruiting mages. Lily clears her throat, being confident in her new form. Lily twirls a long, black strand around her finger as she narrows her blue eyes at me. She gently holds her arm, wearing a tattered shirt with casual blue jeans.

Naturally, this look makes her look tired. In our plan, Lily used up too much of her healing magic on me and isn't doing well. I anxiously take a step into the city, glancing all around. People rush in my direction with worried looks.

"Lucy, everyone has been searching for you!" A female villager exclaims, narrowing her eyes at me. I sigh heavily, glancing all around anxiously.

"I-It doesn't matter about me..." I say worriedly, not daring to take my eyes off of Lily. "S-She was able to heal me..." I sigh heavily, staring at the ground. "B-But, she used too much of her magic power..." A frown appears on my lips as I clench my fists, despising the fact that I'm lying to them.

"I'll get help!" A teenager says, rushing away. I nod, gently setting Lily on the ground. She keeps her eyes slightly opened, pretending to be in a weakened state. The teenager rushes back with Natsu, Wendy, Carla, and Happy, sharing concerned looks.

"Luce, you're okay!" Natsu says, pulling me in for a hug. I sigh heavily as relief forms in the pit of my stomach. My cheeks flush as I feel the warmth of his presence. Maybe, I could tell him the truth, I tell myself.

"Wendy, thank goodness you're here!" I say, doing my best to ignore Natsu. "You need to heal her! S-S-She saved me, but..." My voice cracks as I place my face in my palms. Wendy nods in my direction as she hovers her hands over Lily's body, squeezing her eyes in concentration.

"She's extremely lucky," Wendy says, flashing me a smile. "If we waited any longer, her life would be at risk." Wendy closes her eyes, scrunching her brows as I stare at her intently.

"L-Luce, what happened...?" Natsu asks nervously. I stare at him, trying to think of something quickly. I furrow my eyebrows in concentration as an idea forms in my head. "T-They tortured me..." I choke out, staring at the ground.

"L-Luce..."

"T-This girl appeared in my cell from a plant..." I lie, refusing to take my eyes off of Lily. "She used all of her magic to heal me and keep my mom away..." Natsu holds me in his arms as a worried look appears on his face.

Carla narrows her eyes at me. "L-Lucy, are you sure...?" She hesitantly asks. I nod, seeing her suspicious expression. Happy trembles as he sobs into my shirt.

"The wizard saints set up many search parties for you but had no luck," Happy says as tears stream down his cheeks. Wendy gasps in surprise, being exhausted. Lily sits up as a bright smile appears on her face.

"W-What happened...? The last I remember was passing out in that forest and..." Her voice trails as she glances all around. "Omigosh! You healed me, didn't you? I'm so sorry!" Lily stares at the ground, having a nervous expression as she forces herself to stand.

"It's no problem!" Wendy says cheerfully. "Healing is one of the first types of magic I've ever learned." Wendy and Lily start to talk about random things, having bright smiles on their faces. I smile, knowing that they have so much in common.

"Lucy!" Brandish yells as I glance in that direction. Brandish and Dimaria stand there, having relieved expressions on their faces.