Chapter 87

I walk outside the restaurant, feeling the cool air brush against my face. The outside atmosphere felt good as the wind perfectly blew my hair. The carefreeness of the wind totally amazes me as a smile appears on my face.

My eyes close as I feel the power of the wind surging through my veins. A calm smile appears on my face as I allow myself to relax. My small moment was ruined by a small girl. She was sobbing, having a nervous expression on her face. "Hey, are you okay?" I ask as she stares at me with wide eyes.

She nervously stares at me. "I-I can't find my mommy..." The small girl says as tears roll down her cheeks. I stare at her in pity, trying to decide whether or not I should help her. While I'm in a hurry, this is probably better than going to that meeting.

"Where was the last place you saw your mommy?" I ask, wincing slightly at the name. I used to call my mom that when I was little. The small girl points at the edge of the village, having a nervous expression on her face. "We live in the forest..." She says quietly.

I furrow my eyebrows in concentration. "Don't worry, I will get you home," I say, placing my hand on her shoulder. She grins as I lead the way through the village, heading straight into the forest. "I-I'm scared..." The small girl chokes out.

I place a reassuring hand on her shoulder as her eyes widen. The sound of footsteps surprise me as I nervously glance around. "Get behind me," I whisper, standing in front of her in a protective manner.

"I guess we can't use the element of surprise this time," a voice says as a person walks out of the shadows. Twenty more mages walk out, having dark smirks on their faces. I arch a brow, feeling amused with their presence.

"I suggest you leave before I destroy you," I say in a low, menacing tone. All of them burst into laughter, ignoring my statement. I clench my fists, feeling the strength of the wind blow past me.

In a situation like this, my nature magic seems like the best bet. "Mages, attack!" The leader orders as a dark smirk appears on my lips. Different orbs race towards me as I close my eyes, putting up a wall of vines.

"All directions!" I say sternly as my air magic circles them, trapping them. I casually stare at them as nervous looks appear on their faces. I aim orbs of fire in their direction before knocking them to the ground. My eyes close in relief as a smile appears on my face. "That was amazing!" The small girl exclaims happily.

"Indeed," a dark voice came from behind. I quickly turn around, seeing a male with dark, red eyes standing there. Demon horns form on his head as a look of amusement appears on his face. "Who are you?" I demand.

"That's none of your concern," he says, brushing his hand through his pitch black hair. I furrow my eyebrows, knowing that I couldn't go all out for the safety of the small girl. I glare at him, clenching my fists in anger. Those men were no problem, but this guy feels different.

"I will destroy you!" I hiss, closing my eyes in concentration. A sudden gasp escapes my lips as something hits my head, knocking me to the ground. I squint my eyes, seeing the small girl standing there with a smirk on her face. I lay there, dumbfounded. I was tricked! If I wasn't so quick to avoid the wizard saints, then none of this would have happened. Within seconds, I fell unconscious.