Chapter 73

A few months have passed since the war ended, but my mind still lingers in the past. Even though I was promoted to first wizard saint, that doesn't fix the hole of emptiness in my heart.

I miss my master. He would lighten up my life and show me a true reason for living. Now, my life is dull and boring. Yes, I still have all of my friends but even that doesn't change my feelings of loneliness.

A sudden knock came from my door, interrupting my thoughts. A gasp escapes my lips as I rush to the door, swinging it open. Brandish stands there, having a look of concern on her face. "Lucy, I'm really worried about you," she says.

I sigh heavily. "Brandish, I miss him," I admit, staring at the ground. "H-He apologized. Even in his last moments, he was fighting for control..." Tears roll down my cheeks as I anxiously bite my lip. Most of his life he has been fighting for control.

She stares at me as pity forms on her face. "That's in the past," she says quietly. I shoot her a harsh glare, feeling the instant rage forming in the pit of my stomach. I heave a sigh, trying to compress my emotions.

"Y-You don't understand!" I blurt out. She arches a brow, seeming surprised by my outburst. Tears threaten to roll down my cheeks as I stare at the ground. I sigh, trying to breathe in and out of my mouth normally.

"Lucy, we all lost something in that war," she says with a sad smile. I furrow my eyebrows, listening to her half heartedly. We all lost something important to us in that war. In the war, I lost my master to his dark side and then had to help end him.

"You don't understand..." I murmur, staring at the ground. "I'm the reason that the thing I cherished is gone." Her face hardens as she stares at me. Before I have time to react, her arms engulf me into a hug.

Instant tears stream down my cheeks. "Lucy, I'm so sorry this happened to you," Brandish says, having pity laced in her tone. She sighs heavily, narrowing her eyes at me. "Lucy, please come to the wizard saint meeting," she begs. I sigh, knowing that she was right. I have to go to this event. If not, then Acnologia could take over my position.

Acnologia is the second wizard saint, bragging constantly about how he played a major role in defeating my master. August is the third wizard saint, having many magic powers at his disposal. Irene is the fourth wizard saint, being a complete master at enchantments.

Gildarts is the fifth wizard saint, having a high level of crash magic. His crash magic allows him to face off against high tier opponents and beat many of them. Erza found herself as sixth wizard saint, constantly bettering her skills and requip power.

Dimaria stands as the seventh wizard saint, constantly using her time magic to the best of her ability. Brandish sits at the eighth wizard saint, mostly not even caring about many things but having unique magic powers.

Jura is the ninth wizard saint, being almost an expert in earth magic. The last wizard saint is a white haired female with dark, mysterious eyes. She almost never says a word and always keeps to herself. None of us know that much about her, but she's a true mystery.

"....Lucy?" Brandish asks. I squeeze my eyes, forcing myself to snap back to reality. She heaves a sigh, catching my gaze almost instantly. I anxiously bite my lip, furrowing my eyebrows in concentration. "I-Is everything okay...?" I ask nervously.

Brandish sighs. "You zoned out."

I take in a breath, glancing nervously all around. "S-S-Sorry about that..." I murmur, staring at the ground. "Lets go and meet up with the others." She nods, taking my hand. I sigh heavily, knowing it's time to meet up with the others. If anything, Acnologia will be nothing but a nuisance....as always.