Chapter 85

Night came as I sit alone in my house. After what transpired, I ran away. I was too nervous to show myself. In a small way, I feel like he deserved it. I frown, trying my hardest to silence my thoughts. Those types of thoughts would get me in trouble.

I bury my face in my palms as tears roll down my cheeks. What is wrong with me? I ask myself. I killed the only person that I could turn to just to save this dreaded world. Because of that, I fall to depression and let Acnologia take control. I run away, finding myself in a battle with my mom and almost die. Then, I nearly kill Acnologia in a friendly battle.

I clench my fists, forcing a heavy breath. At this point, I'm struggling to even breathe correctly. I have no one when I really need it. When everything is said and done, no one will be by my side.

I force myself out of bed as grave thoughts enter my mind. I killed my master, almost killed Acnologia, and was almost killed by my own mom. This is my fault. If I didn't find my master that one day, he would still be alive.

If none of that happened, I wouldn't be living with all of these regrets. I killed someone who could've overcame his bad side and lived happily. I exhale loudly, knowing that I had to go to sleep. My eyes close as I enter dreamland.

Darkness surrounds me as I realize this isn't a normal dream. My master stands in front of me, having a serious look on his face. "It's your fault that I'm dead!" He yells angrily, not daring to take his eyes off of me.

I turn around, seeing Acnologia standing there. "You nearly killed me!" He roars furiously as hatted appears on his face. "In the end, you'll be the only way to blame!" A gasp escapes my lips as people surround me, yelling that I'm not good enough and always cause harm.

"They will all turn against you," my mom's voice says from behind. I turn around to face her, seeing an amused smirk appearing on her lips. "Join me," she adds, holding out her hand.

My eyes snap open as sweat pours down my forehead. Tears emerge from my eyes as I try to forget about my dream. I pull my legs to my chest as I start to sob hysterically.

I don't want to join her. I don't want to betray any of my friends. In the past, I betrayed fairy tail and was betrayed myself. My eyes close as I know that I have a choice. I don't have to join her. I nod to myself before getting ready for the day.