Chapter 58

I stare at the water, wondering how the fight would go. How many lives would be lost? As much as I try to hide it, I hate seeing people die. If Irene, Brandish, or even Dimaria died, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

I care deeply about each of them. It would pain me to see them dead. "Lucy, are you okay?" My master asks, snapping me out of my daze. A frown appears on his lips as he stares into my eyes.

"I-I believe so.." I say, staring at the ground. If anything, fairy tail can be super strong. I just hope we don't underestimate them too much. "Lucy, you can tell me," my master says in a reassuring tone.

"Acnologia is the main flaw in our plan," I say nervously as his eyes widen. I stare at him, knowing I was the one who could battle Acnologia. Yes, Irene could use a relocation spell on him, but it wouldn't last long.

"My dear apprentice, you are a powerful mage that could possibly defeat Acnologia by yourself," he states. I nod, knowing he was partly right. I had to take Acnologia down. If anyone could battle the arrogant dragon, it was me.

"I'll do it," I say with a smile. "The rest of you will knock out mages from the whole country of Fiore." He nods as I sigh heavily, knowing the risks of facing Acnologia head on. It could mean death for me, but I'm willing to risk it for my master and my friends.

"Don't worry, the other members of the spriggan have this battle in the bag," he says confidently as I chuckle, loving his overconfidence. As much as I loved his overconfidence, that was what worried me.

The ship stops as I realize we were already at Fiore. I glance at my master, knowing I was set on battling Acnologia. Maybe, this will work. I could turn into a dragon as well as Acnologia.

"See you soon.." I say, waving good bye to my master. If anything, I had to be prepared to face off against the dragon of death. Once I found him, I have to be careful about his reactions. I found myself in a private location, knowing this was the perfect location to locate him.

Closing my eyes, I concentrate super hard, knowing I had to find him. "Lost in thought?" A dark voice asks, sending immediate shivers down my spinal cord. Acnologia stands there, being in human form. He stares at me, having a cold look on his face.

"Acnologia." I glare at him. He was the cause of harm for countless humans and that's absolutely unforgivable. A smirk made its way to his face as he studies me. I meet his gaze, seeing him stare at me. "You're a hard one to kill, aren't you?" He says darkly.

I roll my eyes. "What's your goal?" I say angrily as he stares at me. My master never told me his true goal. All I knew was that he was a dragon of death and was pure evil. "Didn't your master ever tell you?" He says in a mocking tone.

I arch a brow. "Enlighten me then."

"But, it would be more fun to kill you," he says with a satisfied smirk. I glare at him, feeling a deep, inner hatred for the dragon of death. He shifts into his dragon form as a smirk appears on his face. "Dragon form.." I murmur, shifting into as dragon as well.

Crystal white scales appear on my entire body as I grow in size. My eyes became a bright blue, having deep mystery in them. Long, silver claws appeared on my hands, being a danger to any living thing.

"I knew it," Acnologia says with a smirk. I narrow my eyes at him, knowing that I had to play my cards carefully. This was one opponent I couldn't be careless with. While he was the most dangerous dragon alive, I was the one master Zeref sent to end him. And, I won't let my master down.