Chapter 68

An uneasy sense of eagerness fills me as I head to the fairy tail guild. If Acnologia was telling the truth, then my master will take fairy heart for himself. I furrow my eyebrows, feeling surprised that no one was trying to stop me.

The possibilities were endless. It was possible that many of the mages feared me and didn't dare to go against me. It was also possible that we already won the war. I open the door to the fairy tail guild as a shiver races down my spinal cord. My master stands there, having an intense magical energy coming from him. I was too late; he absorbed fairy heart.

My master casually stands in the middle of the guild hall, facing off against Natsu. Natsu doesn't stand a chance against him, being tossed around like a rag doll. I stare at the scene as my eyes widen in horror. My master took all of the power for himself.

"M-Master..." I choke out as my hair covers my eyes. My master stares at me, lapping his lips in amusement. He held a deep smirk, seeming pleased with his actions.

"My dear apprentice," he says in a mocking tone. "Go and get the other spriggan. I have a few more fairies to feast upon." I glare at him as regret forms in the pit of my stomach. Acnologia wasn't lying to me. He was right; my master is evil.

Acnologia was only enraged that my master betrayed him. I clench my fists in rage as my hair covers my eyes. "Master, I won't let you get away with us," I say darkly. "You haven't only betrayed me but the other spriggan."

He arches a brow as a sadistic smirk appears on his face. "Apprentice, your magic abilities don't even compare to mine now," he says with an amused smile. I narrow my eyes at him, knowing that I had to do whatever it takes to defeat him.

Natsu forces himself off of the ground, being covered in major injures. "L-Luce...?" Natsu croaks, trying to stay strong. I nod in his direction, giving him a reassuring smile. My master glares at me, clenching his fists in rage.

"You'll regret that!" My master yells viciously as his eyes turn dark red. I furrow my eyebrows, knowing that this would be a hard fight for both of us. "Natsu, go and get everyone out of here," I order, not daring to look away from my master.

"Aye, Luce!" Natsu says, hurrying away. My master stares at me, having all new powers. I narrow my eyes at him, knowing that he would be a tough opponent. At this point, I was more than prepared to battle him even if it cost me my life. After all, I should've listened to Acnologia's warning before it was too late.