Chapter 67

The higher Acnologia flew, the farther we got from Fiore. I was supposed to help the others obtain fairy heart, but I guess that's not happening. I furrow my eyebrows, trying to remain optimistic.

I won't let my master know that I've failed to kill Acnologia. My plan of making his death slow and painful failed. Now, I have no other choice but to give him a quick death. "What do you want?" I ask with venom in my tone.

"Lucy, you're the most powerful mage I've ever come across, and because of that, I felt the need to warn you," he says in a hushed tone. I roll my eyes, feeling annoyed with his sudden statement.

"If you want me to trust you, then stop flying and land right there," I say in a low, menacing tone. He sighs heavily, landing immediately. Acnologia furrows his eyebrows in concentration before turning back into a human.

"Okay, Heartfilia." He sighs heavily, narrowing his eyes at me. "Zeref will betray you." I roll my eyes, chuckling at his statement. My master would never betray me. My master loves me.

I clench my fists. "You're lying!" I hiss viciously, narrowing my eyes at him. "He promised that we would rule the world together..." Acnologia snickers as a stern expression appears on his face. Pity forms on his face as he frowns.

"He promised me the same thing," he says sharply. "Zeref and I were close like brothers but then he betrayed me." I stare at him as an uneasy feeling forms in the pit of my stomach. How do I know my master isn't doing the same thing to me?

"I-I'm different!" I blurt out. "Now, I have to go and defeat some mages." An amused smirk makes its way to Acnologia's face as he lets out a laugh. I shakily stare at him, clenching my trembling fists as he casually stares at me.

"Okay." Acnologia stares at me. "Don't say I didn't warn you." I clench my fists in rage before turning into my dragon form. A smirk makes its way to my face as I start to head back to Fiore.

Acnologia's words came back to my mind. If he's correct, then Zeref will betray us all. As I land on the ground, I stare off into the distance as an idea pops into my head. Maybe, I can go get fairy heart for myself, and no one will be able to stop me.