Chapter 98

I'm thrown into my room as the door locks. I slam my fists against the door, trying desperately to unlock the door. In this type of room, magic wouldn't work on the walls. My mom made sure to make the wall magic proof, not allowing me any chance to escape. Tears form in my eyes as I curl up in a ball, sobbing to myself.

I grab my head, feeling the tears roll down my cheeks. She's going to annihilate the planet, not leaving a single soul left. The gods will destroy all of my loved ones, and in the end, I'll be the only one to blame.

My mom appears in front of me as a gasp escapes my lips. "You tried to disobey me," she says coldly, narrowing her eyes at me. "Our deal is off. You can go ahead and watch your precious world crumble."

I clench my fists, knowing that this was my fault. Because of my actions, the entire world is at risk. My mom stares at me in amusement before disappearing into thin air. I hug my knees as tears stream down my face.

The world I know will be gone, and everyone will remember how I left them in a time of crisis. Is this all I'm good for? I ask myself, sobbing into my palms. "Lucy," a quiet voice came.

I nervously glance around, wondering if I'm starting to hear things. Dark specks came from the ground as a chill ran down my spinal cord. "W-Whose there?" I ask shakily, clenching my trembling fists.

A figure appears in front of me, having a calm look on his face. My master stands there as the dark specks cover his ghostly form. "Lucy, my love," he says in a sensitive tone. Tears roll down my cheeks as I narrow my eyes at him.

"M-Master..." I choke out, rushing towards him. He frowns, nervously biting his lip. I place my hand up to his face as a gasp escapes my lips. I frown, knowing that I'm not able to touch him.

"I don't have much time," my master says urgently. "My love, I believe you should know the truth." I furrow my eyebrows as curiosity forms in the pit of my stomach. What could he mean by that? He snaps his fingers, showing me a small house.

In the house, my master held Natsu's lifeless body. My master sobbed over his brother, being hysterical. "It was never supposed to happen," my master says before he places Natsu into a lacrima, bringing him back to life.

Darkness surrounds my master's young body as he gasps in horror. He fell to the ground, being suffocated by darkness. "That's when I was first cursed by goddess Ankhseram," my master says with a frown.

"I-I'm so sorry..." I choke out as tears form in my eyes. My master frowns, snapping his fingers. In a few seconds, it showed the years of torment he went through. My master glances at me, biting his lip. "Now..." He says, snapping his fingers once again.

My mom stood in front of the Heartfilia estate, bearing a genuine smile. The wind blew through her hair as she closed her eyes in relaxation. "This was the last time she was truly happy," my master says bitterly.

I nervously watch my mom as a figure approaches her. This figure had no hesitation in her approach, not daring to flinch. "Layla Heartfilia," the figure said in a monotone voice, staring my mom down.

My mom narrowed her eyes at the figure as a shaky expression appeared on her face. "You said I would have more time," my mom said, trembling in fear. "You said I could watch my daughter grow up!" The figure laughed bitterly as a dark aura surrounded her.

"You can," the figure stated with a dark smile. "But, you must do it from afar as goddess Ankhseram." My mom shook her head no, her eyes narrowed on the figure. I stare at the scene, fighting the urge to break down and cry.

"I will never!" My mom hissed, taking out her three zodiac spirits. "Open, gate of the water bearer! Aquarius! Open, gate of the goat! Capricorn! Open, gate of the giant crab! Cancer!" The three zodiac spirits appeared almost instantly, having serious looks on their faces.

The three zodiac spirits attacked the figure with all of their strength, knocking her to the ground. That's when the younger version of me rushed outside, having a bright smile on my face. "Mommy!" The younger version of me called.

"Lucy, no!" My mom yelled, her voice filled with worry. The figure appeared behind me, putting me in a magic orb. "Now, send your celestial spirits back to the celestial spirit world," the figure demanded.

"Layla, no!" Aquarius yelled as tears streamed down her cheeks. Layla glanced at all three of them, sending them back without hesitation. She glared at the figure, a stern look on her face. "Release my daughter! I'll do anything," my mom yelled in desperate, staring at the ground in defeat.

"That's what I like to hear," the figure said in amusement, taking off her hood. A white haired female stood there, having pure, black eyes. I stare at her in surprise as my eyes widen. The figure was Diamond herself.