Chapter 5

One year passed, and I was already eight years old. So far, I've learned every kind of caster magic, and my next thing to learn is lost magic. I couldn't wait for today.

Putting on a pink shirt with black shorts, I hurry outside. "Okay," Zeref says, having two males by his side. A blue haired male by the name of Invel glances all around, having a nervous look on his face. Then, there was a brown haired male with an arrogant expression on his face. He was known as Ajeel.

A smile appears on my face as Zeref stands there, waiting to see what I've accomplished in a single year. I couldn't wait to show everyone how far I've come. While caster magic isn't that strong, it's better than nothing.

I exchange a look with Brandish, knowing that today is the day. August informed us that we would be sparring in front of Zeref to show him how far we've come, and I felt ready.

Brandish races towards me, preparing for an easy takedown. I smirk, knowing that I have been training with August. He has taught me a lot of things, and I won't lose. "Air magic: stop her in place!" I command, being surprised that it worked.

She was totally frozen in place, unable to move. "Shrink.." She murmurs before shrinking in size and escaping my spell. Brandish pops up randomly before I grab my celestial spirit keys, knowing that I have been working hard to hold my gates out longer and summoning more spirits at a time.

"I summon all of my spirits!" I yell. "Come to my side!" Aquarius, Capricorn, and Cancer stand there, having serious expressions as they prepare to fight. I narrow my eyes at Brandish, seeing her nervous look.

"What? This isn't allowed!" She yells as I glance at my celestial spirits, nodding in their direction. I hurry towards her, using a takeover spell to transform into a bird. I fly towards her, being ready to take her down.

Within seconds, she was unconscious. I nod at my spirits, allowing them to disappear. Zeref stares at me as a surprised look appears on his face. "I need to learn lost magic.." I murmur, feeling disappointed by my performance.

Zeref nods in my direction. "Okay, you will," he says, staring at me. "Besides, Irene is returning today." I glance at him as a sudden happiness forms within me. She is returning today? I notice a boat pulling up on the deck as I smile.

"Irene!!" I yell, rushing to the boat. She walks off of the boat, seeming satisfied. I jump into her arms, being super happy about her return. Irene takes my hand, leading me to the training area before she pulls out ten, golden keys.

"Great job, Irene," Zeref says, nodding in her direction. "Now, you have the potential to become the strongest mage ever, Lucy." I study him, wondering what he could mean. Couldn't I just learn everyday magic and become stronger by the day?

"What do you mean?" I ask before he chuckles. A gasp escapes my lips as Brandish forced herself to stand, having a smile on her face. "I'm impressed, Lucy," she says.

"It's unlikely you've ever heard of this, but when you get the thirteen zodiac keys, you become the celestial guardian," Zeref states. "As the celestial guardian, your power would be superior to any celestial spirit you could summon, especially the king."

I glance at him in amazement. "Really?"

He nods, staring at me. "Yes and that means you can be stronger than anyone," he explains as I glance at him. "With that power, you also become the celestial goddess."

My eyes widen. "Wow!"

"Lucy, we will start serious training tomorrow," he says in a serious tone. "This time, you will learn lost magic and holder magic along with your new power." I nod before he hands me the gate keys. Within moments, I was heading back to my bedroom, being super happy about the next day.