Chapter 47

My eyes flutter open as I glance all around, realizing I was in the guild infirmary. Wendy sleeps on the chair besides me, seeming rather exhausted. I don't blame her. After all, she must have used a lot of her magic trying to heal people.

I roll my eyes before forcing myself out bed. Wendy's eyes snap open as she stares at me in shock. "L-Lucy, you shouldn't be getting up..." She says weakly.

"Don't worry about it," I say as she studies me. "The others must have been really worried." She sighs, nodding lightly. I frown, knowing that I failed my mission. I wasn't able to defeat Kyoka.

"Okay.." Wendy said, leading the way out of the room. As we head outside, everyone was trying to relaxing. "Hey, everyone!" I say casually as they stare at me.

Everyone rushes towards me, having relieved looks on their faces. "Lucy, you really shouldn't have tried to fight Kyoka," Erza says as I meet her gaze. At my current power level, I know she is right.

I'm too weak to face off against opponents like Kyoka. "I'm a fairy tail mage, and I will continue to fight," I say as Erza snickers. She sighs heavily, staring at me for a moment.

"Luce, you had me worried.." Natsu says, putting his arms around me. I stand there, feeling rather uncomfortable. If anything, I like my master's hugs much better. "Love Rival would rather be hugging Gray," Juvia states.

I sigh, rolling my eyes. If only she knew, I think to myself. "Lucy, I was so worried about you.." Mirajane says, having tears in her eyes. I sigh, knowing they would end up regretting their statements.

I would end up betraying them. No matter what, they would end up losing to me, and I know that not even Gildarts could face me. "Luce, you wanna go on a mission?" Natsu asks as I force a smile.

"Sure, just go and pick out a mission," I say as he rushes towards the job request board. I frown, wondering what it would be like once the spriggan rules the world. Would we fight for dominance?

"Lucy, are you okay?" A voice asks as Wendy stands there. "You look pale." I stare at the young dragon slayer, knowing that she is getting paranoid. In a way, I am concerned about what will happen when my master takes over the world, but I feel totally calm at the same time.

Before I could say something, the guild doors were kicked open, being sent across the guild hall.