Chapter 89

Silence fills the gap between us as terror strikes within me. She purses her lips, narrowing her eyes at me. My mom heaves a sigh, her heels clicking the ground as she moves closer to me. "That was easier than I thought," she says with a sadistic smirk.

I glare at her, wishing that I could move against my restraints. "Y-You'll pay for this..." I murmur. A look of satisfaction crosses her face as she stares at me in amusement.

"What was that?" She asks, bending down to stare at me. She picks up my head, forcing me to look into her eyes. I glare at her as anger forms deep within me. My mom drops my head on the ground as slight wave of dizziness hits. "W-What do you want from me...?" I choke out, narrowing my eyes at her.

"It's not about what I want," my mom says as her hair covers her eyes. I stare at her, being slightly surprised by her statement. What could she mean by that? "What do you mean? Tell me!" I hiss.

"I thought you would understand by now," my mom says with a dark smirk. "Only I can bring your master back to life." My eyes widen in surprise as an amused look appears on her face. S-She can bring him back...?

"Why would you want to bring him back?" I ask bitterly as amusement appears on her face. She narrows her eyes at me as I furrow my eyebrows in concentration, wondering what she could be up to.

"Okay, I admit it." She stares at the ground. "I need your help. As my daughter, it's expected that you would understand. We are some of the most powerful beings to exist and should stick together."

I frown bitterly. "And, why would I help you?"

My mom laughs hysterically, bending down to stare at me. "This is the best it will get," she says darkly. "You help me, and I'll bring your master back to life." My eyes widen in surprise as a smile appears on her face.

Is she seriously trying to make this deal with me? She's basically saying the world or my master. I stare at the ground, pondering on what to do. While I want my master back, I don't want to put the world at risk again. "I..." I begin.

She arches a brow. "Yes...?"

I shoot her a glare, remembering that she almost killed me and has harmed so many people. "I decline," I say bitterly as she fires a powerful orb at me, sending me into the wall.

"Wrong decision," my mom says, narrowing her eyes at me. "Yuni, take her back to her cell." The purple haired female nods, lifting me up with her magic. I shoot a glare at my mom before being taken away.