8

"One salted caramel for the gentleman and one cookie dough for his lady."

The woman behind the counter beamed. I stood beside Julius as he paid, grinning like an idiot.

Cookie dough ice cream and a boyfriend who resembled a Greek God - what more could a girl want?

We sat just revelling in each other's company.

"Hey you never actually told me much about your job" I inquired.

"Well I'm a CEO of a security systems company. I go to my office and do lots of boring CEO stuff and sign lots and lots of paper."

"Ooooooh CEO stuff." I giggled.

Then something in my mind clicked. " Julius Stone, Stone security Systems." Duh! How did I not make that connection?"

"Bingo!" He chuckled.

"Who knows maybe I'll swing by the office on day."

"Mmmm well I don't think I'd be able to concentrate if you do Miss Gordon" 

"Oh and why is that Mr Stone?" I asked as we leaned in closer to each other, my lips tingling in anticipation.

He was just about to close the gap between us when......

"Oooooh look at the love birds!" I looked up at my squealing little sister with an ice cream in one hand and a boy's hand in the other.

" I could say the same for you" I say smirking. Her date whispered in her ear before kissing her cheek and leaving the store.

" I should leave too mi amor. Lots of CEO stuff to do. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Definitely." I say. He kissed me lightly on the lips before saying goodbye to Penny.

It was my turn to blush now. My sister and I made our way back to the car.

"Someone's oddly happier than usual. And I didn't even think that was possible." Penny commented narrowing her eyes.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I reply dismissing her. "Hmmmm. Ok. Well when will you guys decide to make it official?"

I tried my hardest to contain my smile in hopes not to give myself away. " I'm not sure. I don't know."

"Liar liar balls on fire" My sister continued to stare at me. I laughed at her childishness.

Lacing up my running shoes, I exited the apartment and began my run. The sun was just about setting when I got outside.

I embraced the slight breeze as went round the back, through the dimly lit park leading to a big clearing,behind my building. I had been running for half an hour, when I stopped to rest.

Yeah I definitely needed to get back into shape! That's when I felt it; the feeling of being spied on.

My attention was diverted to a rustling to my left.

Ok Estrella be logical, it's not like there's a mass murderer hiding in the bushes waiting for the right time to kill you and hang you up in an underground meat locker.

Maybe it's just a really really big bunny?

I took a cautious step forward, away from the rustling bush and back towards where I'd come from. The movement ceased completely but the feeling of being watched was still present.

Worry sat heavily in my stomach as I began to jog back home. At some point I'd started running at top speed.

By the time I got home, I was completely out of breath and I lay panting on the floor of my bedroom like a dog.