59

A/N: I'm really sorry for taking sooo long!
Enjoy!
Kisses,
-J

I stared blankly out the window, my stomach shifting uncomfortably, as it had been doing all morning.

It wasn't because Ella, a human, was joining the pack. Nor was it because I was exactly a month away from giving birth. It wasn't even because both the palace doctor and Dr Parker obtained blurry ultra sounds because of some energy 'force field' around my baby.

It was something else.

I had no idea what it was, yet every ounce of my being was restless.

"Isn't that right Estrella?" Alina shouted, momentarily taking my attention from the window.

"Yeah. She's right Ella. The pack will love you. They haven't taken too kindly to humans in the past but the pack had really come a long way in terms of acceptance. Besides that, what's not to love about you? You're smart, incredibly funny, and you're almost better acquainted with werewolf customs than I am. Plus, Daniel may be of gentle nature but he definitely won't put up with any objections, not that there will be any."

Ella gave me a small smile, which I caught right before the makeup artist attacked her face with a beauty blender.

"You got lucky there Luna. You've been in a world of your own since you woke up."

"I have not!" I defended, knowing damn well I had been.

"Really? I asked you if I could stick a poster with my face on your bedroom ceiling and you said, 'yeah yeah go ahead'!"

"That is a terrible idea."

"Well you didn't seem to think so. Now, do you want to tell me what's really going on?"

"I would if I could." I sighed.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that I would tell you if I knew what exactly was wrong with me."

"Oh no. Are you sick?"

"No I'm not. I'm just uncomfortable. But like, on the inside?"

"You're anxious."

"Exactly. but I don't know what I'm anxious about. Yet, I'm on edge. It's like the worry has control over my whole body."

"I'm sure it's nothing. But maybe it's got something to do with the baby? I mean he/she is at this moment developing his/her powers. So that's bound to have some sort of affect on you."

"I guess you're right. I can't wait for this baby to come out. My stomach weighs almost as much as me at this point!"

"Yeah I'm surprised you can even stand up straight! He/she is going to have a big head. Just like daddy!" Alina chuckled.

"Alright ladies we're losing daylight here, let's go!"

There was a buzz of excitement in the air as we approached the auditorium. I still hadn't shaken the strange feeling but I was happy for Ella none the less.

I waddled to the front along with Ella. Luckily, it was only Julius formally addressing the pack. I was in no mood for any sort of public speaking.

I sat in the front row and watched thoughtfully as Julius stood at the podium and gave his speech.

"Now, does anybody have any objections to Ella's initiation?"

Silence

I watched as Ella visibly relaxed and Daniel unclenched his fists.