19

A/N : hey guys this chapter contains mature themes (nothing sexual) and mild violence.
Thanks for reading x
Kisses,
-J

"Sorry?"

"Oh don't play coy Estrella. I can smell him on you. I have quite a sensitive sense of smell." She replied smirking.

Sensitive sense of..

Mrs white?

She was a werewolf too?!

But how did she know I was going to live with Julius?

"I had a hunch. That and it was the only plausible reason for you to just up and leave on such short notice. Alphas tend to move their mates in with them pretty quickly!"

"Wait you're human! And you're mated to a wolf. That explains the scent." Damian spoke up.

"Pretty much." I shrugged laughing.

"But really dear I am very happy for you. I'd like to meet this mate of yours before you leave."

"Of course Mrs White"

"Wonderful. Well Damian and I will be down to say goodbye in a few minutes."

I nodded and we went our separate ways.

So my sweet old landlady had turned out to be a supernatural being too!

What are the odds?

I exited the elevator and made my way back to the apartment.

For some odd reason, I felt uneasy. I was suddenly feeling warm although it was a little breezy in the corridor. I was a few doors down from my destination when my arm was roughly grabbed. "Estrella. Long time no see."

Oh dear lord not this again!

"Oh Corey hi. Yeah I was staying at a friend's place for a couple of weeks."

"Oh well ok. But you're back now right?" He asked his grip tightening.

"Well no you see I'm actually moving. Today we just came back to finish packing up all our stuff."

"Really? Why? Where are you moving? Don't tell me it's with that man" His voice increasing in volume.

He let go of my hand and stepped forward as I moved back. I whimpered a little when my back hit the cold wall. My mouth stayed glued shut, making me unable to reply. Suddenly he slammed his fists against the wall either side of my head.

The unhinged look in his eyes turned my stomach inside out.

"What does he have that I don't Estrella? Tell me! I've loved you since the day you moved here. Why are you leaving me for him?" He was full on shouting now, the anger and hurt evident in his voice.

"You're meant to be my happily ever after, MINE."

"Corey..." I began, eyeing him cautiously.
Something told me I definitely wasn't going to be able to sweet talk my way out of this one.

"Fuck your stupid boyfriend. He doesn't deserve you at all. You're going to stay here with me and I'm going to enjoy every part of you. " I felt nauseous as soon as his hands made contact with my body.

"Corey no. Please stop it." I begged.

But he wasn't listening. I was hit with a wave of nostalgia.

Only this time, I wasn't going to be the vulnerable little girl.

I want going to go down without a fight. And I sure as hell was not going to let it happen to me for a second time!