55

I was walking through the forest by the south border just as I had always liked to do. The only thing I could hear was the sound of crunching snow beneath my feet.
The walk seemed longer than usual, and for some odd reason, something felt - off.
I reached the lake, which at this point was completely frozen.
I was just about to step closer when I noticed a shadow out of the corner of my eye.

"Hello?" I called out. "Who's there?"
I turned and had a good look around.
I comforted myself with the thought that a palace guard had followed me to ensure my safety.

A rustling in the bushes diverted my attention to the opposite side. Just as I turned to face the noice, a sharp pain coursed through my large stomach, causing me to fall to my knees.

"Help." I hollered. "Please whoever is there please help!"

"My my, what do we have here? I would help you but then I remember, where was your compassion for me?"

I looked up, only to be face to face with....

My eyes flew open and I was sat upright in a matter of seconds. I tilted my backwards, taking a second to catch my breath.

I looked at Julius who was still sound asleep, calming down a little.

This feeling of calm was short lived as my phone beeped, signalling a message and scaring the living crap out of me.

I felt about for it on the bedside table and unlocked it.

Is everything ok sis? I felt like you were having a nightmare, I just randomly woke up and felt anxious.

-Penny

I sighed and sent her a quick text back, feeling bad that she'd beben woken up by my terrible dream.

Yeah I was having a bad dream but it's all good now. I'm fine. Go back to bed.

I sighed, standing up and grabbing my robe.
Opening the doors, I walked onto the balcony.

We were fortunate enough to have it, especially as it overlooked the magical palace gardens.

I rested up against the railing, staring aimlessly.

I had no idea what the dream was about, nor did I know who the mystery man was.

It was one of the first nightmares I'd had in a while and the most worrying thing about it was, that it felt so real.

Usually my nightmares had important meanings behind them, usually warnings.

But this one ; it just made no sense.

Sighing and feeling a little cold, I made my way back inside and back to bed.

I lifted Julius' arm and slipped under it, instantly feeling a little safer.

"Hey little one. How are you doing in there?" I whispered, rubbing my stomach - I couldn't believe that I was less than 2 months away from giving birth!

Which reminded me, that I had made a deal with Xavier to ruffle Julius' feathers a little.

I was in awe of how cool and collected my mate had remained. He'd been King for a month already and had not once showed any signs of being under pressure.

Of course I was incredibly proud of him, but I would still need to have a heart to heart with him ; Even if he was struggling on the inside, he'd do his best to hide it from me.