10

"Here you go cutie" I grinned at the little girl as she took the cupcake from me, giggling. "Tank youuuu." She said shyly.

Her dad smiled gratefully before handing me the cash and leaving the diner.

It has been 2 days and Penny and I still had not spoken. In the morning we'd have breakfast separately and go our separate ways. In the evenings I'd make dinner and she'd eat it in her room.

The tension was killing me.

I decided I wasn't going to let it go on like this.

The plan this evening was to sort things out between us, with the help of some red velvet cake.

I was just about heading out when Rob called me over. "Hey Estrella I just wanted to check up on you. You've been a bit distant." He said.

I smiled. " no sir, I'm just having a bit of a rough week that's all." I said truthfully

I shuffled awkwardly from foot to foot. My manager stepped closer and grabbed my hands, rubbing them between his. I stilled at his attempt at affection.

" I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything I can d..." he was cut off as I was ripped from his hold and pulled into a hard wall.

Realising that it was not a wall but a rock hard chest, I look up to see an angry Julius. "I'd keep my hands to myself if I were you old man. I can give her all the consolation she needs." he gritted out, his voice dangerously low. If I wasn't so shocked and angry at his behaviour, I would have said that he looked so hot when he was angry. Rob stepped back a little, before wishing me goodnight and disappearing into the kitchen.

Julius grabbed my things easily in one hand and held me tightly in the other. In order not to cause a scene I didn't struggle. Once we were outside I ripped out of his hold and stopped in front of him. "What the hell was that? You can't just go insulting my boss like that!" I shouted.

"I didn't like the way he was touching you. You're my ma...girlfriend. I have a right to be a little jealous. " he replied calmly. I sighed.

"Rob is a sweet old man he'd never try anything like that with me. Uhhhh I can't believe you!"

I collected my stuff and walked to my car. "Oh come on Estrella. You don't even know what that guy is capable of. Boss or not he's too touchy. Ok look I'm sorry." He whined pouting.

I glared at him before getting in my car and driving off.

Great. I know it was silly but Rob was part of the reason I was able to support myself and my sister. He was the only one willing to give a high school drop out a job.

I decided I would apologise to Rob and patch things up with Julius. But tonight was all about reconciling with my baby sister.

I carried the slices of cake up the stairs.

" Penny." I called as I knocked on her door. She opened it and blinked at me. "We need to talk." She sighed and followed me to my room . I sat on my bed and handed her the red velvet cake.

"Listen Penny I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said what I said. It was so wrong for me to bring any of that stuff up. It's just that it's my responsibility to keep you safe. I don't know what I would have done if anything had happened to you." She set her cake down and turned so she was facing me.

"I'm sorry too. I was also way out of line. I should have thought things through. Do you forgive me?" I put my plate on the dresser and hugged her. "You know you are my favourite sister in the whole wild world and I love you right Penny?"