57

A/N: Hello it's me again! This chapter is in a different POV. Just thought you'd like to see things from a different perspective!
-Kisses,
J

Alina POV

"Damian stop it" I giggled.

His lips grazed the delicate bare skin, causing me to shiver.

"Why? I'm just appreciating my stunning mate." He smirked.

I blushed. "Well this she wolf needs to get dressed because she is going to see her pregnant best friend. Besides, aren't you supposed to be meeting the Alpha in an hour?"

"Shit! That's today! I completely forgot." He cursed jumping onto his feet.

"Oh no you don't Mister. I am showering first!"

"No. We are both showering first." He smirked, his eyes gleaming with mischief.

I raised an eyebrow as he stalked towards me.

"What are you..." before I knew what was happening I was being lifted up and thrown over Damian's broad shoulder.

"Put me down you oaf!"

I gasped as his hand made a subtle connection with my backside.

"My God, every inch of you is perfect!"

I was glad my mate couldn't see my face.

"I don't need to see your beautiful face I already know you're blushing up a storm back there."

Damn this stupid mindlink!

I didn't bother with my hair seeing as we were just having a girly day in. It wasn't usually so cold in October , but this year the weather was taking no prisoners. Slapping on Damian's hoody over my thermal shirt, I exited the house.

I rushed into my car (yes, Julius has finally let me have one of his!) as quick as I could, turning the heating up as high as it could go.

I was driving down the path as I did to get to the castle when I noticed a smallish figure walking down my direction.

My eyes bulged out of my head and I stopped on the road, honking my horn to get her attention.

The door opened and she clambered in, her cheeks a deep red from the cold.

"Estrella what the hell are you doing here? Please don't tell me you walked!" I fussed, starting the engine.

"Can we please just go back to the pack house?"

"What's the matter Estrella? What would make you want to walk all the way to the pack house?"

"It's stupid don't worry about it."

Estrella had done a good 25 minutes of the 45 minute walk from the castle to the pack house so it wasn't an incredibly long journey back.

"You're scaring me. What's the matter? Were you lonely? Gosh I should have come earlier!" I whined feeling terrible.

"No it's not that. It's just I had a strange dream and I was feeling off - like really off. And then all the Palace staff returned today. Julius promised only a few of them would return, you know a few cooks a few maids. But no. I wasn't awake when Julius addressed them so I didn't formally meet any of them. The way there were fussing over me and constantly around me made me feel so uneasy that I just had to get out. I know it sounds crazy but I just I..I.."

I sighed heavily, parking the car where I had originally parked it.

"Estrella. Listen to me. You don't even need to explain yourself. You're less than 2 months way from giving birth and you're feeling particularly sensitive. The entire werewolf world is watching, waiting for their first royal baby in more than 4 decades. You're almost like the Harry and Meghan of the supernatural expect you actually get to be King and Queen. I don't know exactly what you are going through but I know that it isn't easy. I also know that we are going to get through this. I promise."