29

"Listen Oscar. I will get you that deal. I'm Julius' assistant, advisor and soon to be wife. He's bound to listen to what I say. "

That sounded very much like Karlie's voice coming from inside the office. I stopped Julius from opening the door and held my finger to my lips.

"Oh please you know we aren't exclusive. You're just a quick fuck while I wait for him.
It's just his little girlfriend that's a pain in the
ass"

Really?

I was the pain in the ass?!

"Ewww she's not even that pretty. Once he realises I'm the one you can do whatever you want with her. Listen I need to go they will be back any minute. Alright alright bye."

I formulated a plan quickly as the phone call ended.

"You go in there and pretend everything's as normal. I will be back in a little while."

Julius looked at me skeptically before shaking his head and laughing.

He entered the office and I went back down to reception.

"Hey Ella."

"Oh Miss Gordon. Is there a problem?

"Please call me Estrella. And no there's no problem. I just wanted to ask a few questions."

"Please go right ahead."

"Well Karlie. Are you two close?"

"Me and that slut? Not in a million years. She's rude narcissistic and she's slept with almost every male at this company, even Mr Stone's business associates. Why? Is something going on? You can tell me! I won't tell a soul! I live for the drama!"

I laughed at the woman's excitement. She was probably only a year or two older than me but had the same enthusiasm as a 10 year old.

"Well let's just say we just learnt about some of her, extra curricular activities. We just don't have enough evidence to prove it."

"Ah ah but I know where we can get some. Dave I'm taking a break could you come to the front desk please?" She spoke into the small microphone then grabbed her purse.

"Ok let's go!" She chirped dragging me in the direction of the elevator. Once we were in she pressed the big B, which I assumed was for basement.

"Now Karlie is very smart. But the one thing she forgets to do is to keep her fraternising behind closed doors."

I looked at her, still not understanding what her plan was.

"Your boyfriend has built quite the empire for himself. His security systems are very very advanced. We have them hooked up all around this building you know. They pick up everything.

A switch went off in my head and I was finally catching her drift.

Brilliant!

We exited the elevator and walked down a long corridor till we came a big metal door.
Ella didn't bother knocking she just entered and ushered me in.

"Hey Daniel. I've brought a friend who needs your help!"

The guy sitting at the computer turned around to face us.

"Ella! You just love bursting in here don't you? I've only just got here what if it was Cole worki..."

His eyes widened when they landed on me.

Daniel!

One of the pack warriors, was a security guard at the headquarters?

Wow small world!