15

" Surprised? You didn't really think he was all that interested in a frumpy plain Jane did you? Well I have a physical copy just for you." She smirked, handing me the photo.

I held back the tears, pushing past her and going right out the front door, back to the house.

I suddenly wasn't in any mood to do anything.

The sun was no where in sight and grey clouds gathered over head. The wind had picked up a little causing the temperature to drop slightly.

I was a few minutes away when it began to drizzle, the water tickling my face.

My speed did not increase even when the rain started falling stronger. The droplets fell heavily cooling my face and camouflaging my own tears.

I didn't love him. Not yet. But that did not make it hurt any worse.

I didn't blame him really. For one Leila was absolutely beautiful. Even if she did seem like a bit of a witch I knew she was probably more fit to be a Luna. For one she was an actual wolf and probably physically stronger than I was.

Julius said that I was his mate.

His soul mate.

The one thing meant that was a wolf's weakness and strength.

I thought that when Alina said mates physically didn't have the urge to even look at anyone else, she was being serious.

I guess not.

I cried silently feeling like an idiot.

I hadn't even heard my bedroom door open.

"Estrella I've been trying to call you for ages! Why did you just disappear like that? I thought Leila would have..." Penny stopped once she looked at my disheveled state.

"Ok what happened? It has something to do with what that bitch said doesn't it? Oooooh I knew I should have grabbed her by the extensions when I had a chance!"

I sighed and wiped the tears from my face. I was about to tell the story when Penny's phone rang.

"Hey. Yeah. No I found her she's back at the house. Seems we may have a bit of a problem. Ok well hurry." She hung up. "Alina is on her way."

I nodded standing up and going to the bathroom. I cringed when I looked in the mirror.

I was a very ugly crier.

The mascara i'd put on was all down my face. My eyes were puffy and red. I wiped the little makeup I had off my face and tried using cold water to soothe my puffy eyes.

"Ok what's going on?" I heard Alina's voice from the bedroom. I stepped out and she looked at me,her eyes softening. I sat on the bed between the two and started explaining, from the moment I first met Leila.

"And then she hands me this." I conclude, showing them the picture.

Once I had finished Alina was the first to speak.

"Well for one, Leila has slept with almost the entire male population of this pack. Her and Julius did have a bit of a liaison briefly but he broke it off because he knew she wasn't his mate and she was still sleeping around. Julius never even believed he had a mate. He'd travelled around the world visiting different packs and each time he hoped he'd find her.
But every time, nothing . And now he has one who is smart and beautiful and not to mention has a banging body. Why would he even consider cheating? I know my brother is a bit of an idiot but he really does care about you Estrella. I'm sure he'd still care about you even if you refused the Luna title." She finished.