42

"You need to learn to control that Estrella. You never know when this new talent of yours could lead to a disaster." My dad chuckled.

I had called him after having a complete freak out in the living room. Alina and I had been talking when suddenly my thoughts started to 'project' into her mind. She could hear exactly what I was thinking ; which wasn't great because I had been thinking that her ideas about my first intimate evening with Julius were all nonsense.

" I know dad. I didn't even know that I could do that. "

"Well there's s first time for everything Mija. I have some important things to do before the ceremony so I will probably spend some time in the pack's library while I'm here. See you later!"

I waved goodbye to my dad and went upstairs to Julius and I's room to take a nap. It was only 2pm and I was already tired.

Getting comfortable in bed, I shut my eyes and waited for the sleep to take over. I was just about nodding off when there was a sharp knock on the door.

"Who is it?." I groaned.

"It's Ada."

"Come in." I sighed. My nap was just going to have to wait.
"I'm sorry to bother you Estrella. But I just needed someone to talk to. To be honest, I'm freaking out."

"Worried about tonight huh?"

"Not just tonight. Every day and night after. What if the pack never accepts me? Will Xavier just reject me and find another mate? Or What if I end up being a terrible mate and beta female? "Ada sniffled, tears threatening to fall.

"Ada. Stop. First of all take a deep breath. In. Out. You need to calm down, all this stress isn't good for you. I will say it again ;the pack will come to accept you. I didn't think they would accept me at first either as I was human when I became Luna. But all you need to do is show them that you are genuine and you are ready to be apart of this big beautiful community.
Xavier really does like you. If I'm honest, this is the happiest I've seen him in a while. He wants this so bad ; there's no way he could reject someone so special. I have faith in the both of you and your relationship. You have so much potential as a beta female. You just need to trust in yourself and unlock it."

"Gosh Estrella, I don't even know what to say. I feel so much better. I don't even know why I was having doubts. Thank you!" Ada said, enveloping me in a huge hug.

"You're very welcome. Now you go and relax. Alina will be back any minute to take you for pampering before your big ceremony."

"Oh yeah she told me about that. Speaking of which where did she even go? And where is everybody else?"

"Alina went to pick up the rest of the girls from the pack house so you can all go to the spa. Penny is helping set up. And all our mates are having a meeting at the pack house too."

"Oh ok. And you're not going with us to the spa?"

"Hopefully not. I'd very much like to stick around to help with anything and take a well deserved nap."

"Didn't sleep much last night huh?" Ada said wiggling her eyebrows.

"No I didn't and It's not what you're thinking. I just couldn't sleep. I actually have no idea why."

"Strange. Anyways. I'm going to leave you to get some rest and go get changed for this pampering day. Thanks again Luna."

"Anytime." I smiled as she up and left the room.

Again, I relaxed myself and tried to get some sleep.

I woke up and immediately jumped into the shower. After cleaning up, I decided it was best to leave my face completely bare until I put on make up, just before the ceremony. I was brushing my hair when a knock on the front door caught my attention. Placing my hair brush down, I went to answer it.