16

A/N -VERY IMPORTANT!
Towards the end of this chapter there is a little bit of a steamy scene, with a few sexual references! Nothing too vivid though !
Enjoy!
Kisses,
- J

I relaxed a little when he reached out and stroked my face.

"Hello mate."

I shivered at the sound. I didn't even know his voice could get any deeper!

"I've been dying to meet you. My name is Maximus. You don't know how happy you make us, make me."

So this was his 'other side'. The side that held his more feral and primitive traits.

They said that the wolf of an alpha is one of the most terrifying and intimidating supernatural being you could ever come across, especially if they were angry.

I didn't feel scared though.

Maybe a little intimidated but that was masked by an overwhelming sense of security.

"You're so beautiful." He whispered, staring at me intently.

I diverted my gaze to my lap, letting my hair fall forward and hide my face as the blood rushed to my cheeks.

He titled my chin upwards with his index finger, forcing me to stare straight into the pools of gold.

"Don't hide from me."

The dominance his voice held almost had me bowing in submission.

Almost.

My blush deepened making him chuckle. A lazy grin spread across my face at the sound of his hoarse laughter.

His eyes began to flicker, a tell tale sign that both personas were fighting for control.

"Julius really wants to come back now but just remember you're my one and only." With that, his pupils morphed back from gold to ocean green. He stilled for a second gaging my reaction.

I tackled him in a hug letting him know I was so happy he trusted me enough to let his wolf out. I knew that he wouldn't hurt me. It seemed that there, in that moment with him, all my worries melted away.

Next morning

I walked into the pack house, on a mission.

Penny had gone to hang out with the kids in
the pack her own age, Julius and Xavier had gone off on pack business and Alina had gone to help some women in the pack with something.

I decided that I was going to use the alone time to go to the library. It was huge and to my luck, more or less empty. I walked around looking for a specific section.

After 10 minutes I had located the aisle with books containing werewolf history. Sitting down at one of the desks I opened my chosen book: The history of the royal family.

Julius' story last night had peaked my interest and I was determined to find out more. I was like a detective, trying to piece a case together.

The book taught me that, if a royal left no children behind, a new family would succeed the throne. This new family would be chosen by the King himself and put in writing.

Usually, they'd meet in private and complete a ritual.

The King and his chosen successor make a small cut and draw blood. They'd then use it as a seal on the written document which permanently bound the agreement.

I sat there and furrowed my brows. How was that even possible? I never did believe in magic but this right here was a whole new territory!