54

JULIUS POV
I stared at my mate sleeping peacefully ; glad one of us could. I didn't know what was keeping me up.
Maybe because I was now a king.

Or maybe it was because I now had more power then I knew what to do with.

Or maybe because I was going to be a daddy.
Probably a combination of all the above, I thought to myself.

The council had insisted that I reinstate the palace's household as my family would be staying in it for a while. This meant that all the maids,cooks, housekeepers and guards who served during the Easts' time in the palace would come back.

It was all very much new to me. I wanted to keep the pack as close to me as possible, but I knew that that would mean moving the pack and building new pack houses, which was a task I did not to burden my people with.

I turned my attention back to my mate and my baby.

My baby.

Mine.

I moved so that I was face to face with the growing bump.

"Hey little one. It's your dad. I can't sleep right now and I figured I'd just talk to you?"

God I sounded like an idiot.

"I'm a little nervous about your arrival, but I know that things are going to be just fine. I'm going to make sure of it."

Estrella stirred in her sleep, shifting a little before settling again.

"Well um I don't know what you're going to look like yet, but if you look like your mother it will be ok because she's so beautiful. I'm so lucky to have your mother and you will be too. I love you."

I sighed and moved back, resting my head on the pillow. Subconsciously, Estrella snuggled into me, sighing. I wrapped my arms around her taking in her scent and relaxing. It wasn't long before I drifted into a dreamless sleep.

"Wake up your majesty. You've got lots to do today." She whispered, running her hands through my hair.

"I don't want to." I groaned.

"C'mon. Get up, shower and get dressed. I will go make you breakfast."

"No no you don't need to do that. I will make breakfast."

"Nonsense. I'm making breakfast and that's final."

She dragged me up effortlessly.

"God you're getting so much stronger. Must be my baby." I chuckled, standing up.

"Yeah I know right? Who knew that you getting pregnant would do such great things for my body? I'm loving it! Now, hustle baby hustle!" She said, tapping my ass with her small hand.

I shook my head at her, entering the shower.

I wrapped a towel around my waist and stepped out of the en suite. Today I would assume my official duties as king and meet several different people.

I grabbed a pair of boxers and was about to remove the towel when my mate came bounding back into the room a huge smile on her face.

"Yeah the kitchen is probably where I will be spending most of my time. It is literally a housewife's dream come true! "

"Well that may change when the maids and cooks arrive."

"Maybe. But I will still insist on doing things myself."