60

"How are you doing back there?"

"I'm fine. Much better. The cold air really helped."

I was sat in the back seat beside Penny, who was fully conscious and no longer bleeding.

We were on our way to the forest, hoping to stop Julius and the warriors men walking into a trap.

"I don't see any of them. Where the hell are they?"

"I'm not sure. My guess is that we are too late."

"Wait. Turn left here. Park near those big bushes."

The gnawing feeling from earlier had made a reappearance, and again it led me exactly where I needed to be.

"Crap there they are.!"

"Surrounded by rogues. Dozens of them!"

"This is why they wanted to get Julius and the guys out here. They knew Julius would underestimate the size of their army."

On instinct I got out of the car.

"Estrella what the fuck are you doing? You get back here right now!" Alina whisper shouted.

I did my best to make it behind a tree, undetected.

The three other girls followed suit and joined me in hiding.

"Are you out of your mind Estrella?!??" Ada asked, clearly as angry as Alina.

Our mates were surrounded. The rogues circled them menacingly, still I'm human form.

"Shouldn't the have transformed by now?"

"I'm not sure why they haven't. Wolves always prefer fighting in wolf form."

"It may have something to do with those weird looking tranquillising guns in their hands."

Surely enough, 3 of the rogues where holding green guns, loaded with a sickly red liquid.

My mind was screaming something. Why did those guns look so familiar?!

One of them raised the gun at Julius, which sent my hands flying up.

There were gasps coming from around me and from the rogues.

I opened my eyes and resisted the urge to smile. Our mates were protected by a sturdy force field. I'd subconsciously conjured one up, and for the first time, it worked well.

This phenomenon gave Julius and his men the advantage they needed. Furious fighting broke out in the clearing.

Thankfully, the wolves were relieved of their guns and our victory seemed all but sure.

Our men had transformed, Mercilessly ripping through the opposition. The few remaining wolves retreated, knowing their defeat was imminent.

As soon as the coast was more or less clear, I emerged from the shadows, running to my mate to squeeze him.

"How did you get out? Why did disobey me? For fuck sake Estrella!" Julius shouted, clearly breathless.

That didn't stop him from squeezing me back, just as hard.

"We knew it was a trap. We had to come and save you obviously." Alina laughed, fingers entwined with Damian's.

BOOOOOOOOMM

My heart momentarily stopped as the blast ripped through the air.

"What the hell was that?." Zeke shouted.