Bitter Baby .

Erik's POV

It had been a few days now and the cool wind never shook the feeling that someday they'll get stuck in a herd. Phin and Beth got on more and I was due in three months. The contractions  were more painful that I was to scared to sleep at night that, it was too painful that others couldn't bare to see it.

"Breathe!" "I AM FUCKING BREATHING CUNT!" "1......2......3" Maggie's has been a real good help over the past few weeks, preparing going on extra runs to find supplies. Making sure I eat, drink and don't overwork myself. I respect her, I am proud that she takes my shit. A ten minutes pass and the contraction dims down. I try to catch my breathe, Maggie rubs circles around my back, bringing a glass of water to me.

_-_-_-_-_SOERY BUT NIT REALKY IMMA SKIP 3WEEKS BEFODE THE BIRTHING_-_-_-_-_-

It's Monday, baby's gotten bigger, my belly is fatter than a Mellon and my back is sore. I am ready, Maggie brought home a blue baby cot, diapers, cloths, clothes and baby formula. Lori had even let me have some of her stuff from last time she was pregnant.

Shane has been helpful, not making me overwork as well as everyone else. Beth and Phin have a confusing relationship status, Glenn's wanting to purpose to Maggie eventually , I am so proud of him , he's like a brother and best friend. Lori and Rick trying to build up their relationship again. Carl tries hovering around me, Carol and Maggie ever so often when Maggie's not away. Daryl hunts endlessly but occasionally drops by.  Caitlin usually hangs out scoping out the perimeter ever so often with Stephanie and Jazzmin. Hershel ever week makes me take checkups.

Carol told me about Sofia, how heartbreaking, she cried but she says she's in a better place. I agree.

"If it's a boy let's name him Bailey." Carol suggested "Or Caleb." Maggie asked, "How about if it's a boy let's name him Hunter?" I suggest "Your names are all wonderful, maybe I'll change my mind sometime." "But what if it's a girl? We should name her Brooke." Carl asked jumping up and down on Hershel's bed.

No one knew about Brooke, the Brooke I knew and her story. Everyone stayed silent for awhile. A smile stitching it's way on my lips, "Why Brooke?" I ask, "Because it's a beautiful name. "Carl replied sitting next to me, "It really is." I said rubbing circles around my belly. "I like it, Carl." I answer looking him smiling.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-MID DAY TIME_-_-_-_

Daryl would check-in ever so often. Implying if he can help me in anyway, I decline.

I hang clothes.
Fold washing.
Wash dishes.
Dust up.

I kneel on my hands and knees well everyone sits outside doing their thing. I myself scrub the kitchen counter, since everyone has something important to do I clean to pass lonely time by.

Time ticks by, and I don't notice someone walking through the front door. Well I'm scrubbing the kitchen table and floor. Rick rushes in to see what I am doing. "Stop trying to overwork yourself. Your going to faint from exhaustion. " I wipe the sweat off my face and sit on the floor he gazes at the clean kitchen. "I'll make dinner soon. I'll go out to pick some potatoes from the nearby crops, and I noticed other veggies growing-" "Your about to pop and your working." Rick shakes his head, " Everyone is so busy with important stuff and I just don't know what to do with myself, so I clean well people are away hunting or whatever. It's okay. " Rick sighs in failure and looks at me sadly. "I can't help but sometimes feel useless." "Your not, you do so much I am so proud of you." "As am I." Maggie walks through holding Glenn's hand.  Glenn let's go of Maggie's hand and kneels down to me, taking away the cleaning supplies away.

"Where's Carl?" I ask "With his mother?" I try to stand receiving help from everyone around me I make way to wards the front door exiting. "Where are you going?" Glenn asks.

I see Lori and Carl talking with Carol on a hay bail next to the barn. "Carl can you pass me the ammo?" Lori asks reloading her guns. "Hey you." Carol greets me, I sit next to Carl who looks at me smiling.

"Hey Kid."
"Hey Erik!"
"You doing okay?"
"Yeah, Mum is teaching me how to reload a gun." "Really? Are you learning anything?" "Not really , she talks to fast." Whispering that last bit. "Well there is always Phin, Uncle Shane and Daryl who can help. If that's okay with mother dearest?" She nods her head politely. " Hey Carl?" "Hmm" he replies kicking the hay bail with his feet. "I just wanna say thanks. " " What for?" "Being kind, and for being my friend. And you lift my spirit, your a good kid, you make your momma and dad proud. " He smiles brightly , like a 5year old who meet Santa at the mall for the first time. Carol and Lori smile at me thankfully, "What brings this on?" Carol asks, "This kid is something , and I think he needs to be told so every once in awhile." I ruffle his dirty brown hair. He cringes, I realize the real reason is that he not knowingly mentioned 'Brooke.' And ever since I've denied saying her sacred name. And when He said to call my baby Brooke, my heart stopped starting to beat peacefully.  It was like Brooke said, to carry on with her story, telling our children about her . I just felt her death, its always been my fault . "Thanks." Carl replies .

_-_-_-_-_-_-_dinna dinna chick fi LA_-_-_-_-_-_-

"Yo dinners ready." I call out, Everyone tramples onside.
Baked Potatoes, Venison meat and veggies. "Thanks." Most say, "Carol too, she's like a Wiz in the kitchen." "Oh shucks." Carol blushes sitting down in their places. "Eat up."

Dishing everything but the revolting bitter tasting Venison. Everyone ate in peace, I was taking vitamins. So that happened. It was another successful day.