Visitation Center.

The sky was an ocean blue, the grass was green like always and we didn't see anything exciting, still. Sitting silently waiting for the boys to arrive home safe and sound. "I don't think they'll be back that quickly it's only been an hour." "Yeah, but they'll be back, never-the-less we are running low on everything. Thanks to me." "You're not a burden. You more as brave and as strong as the rest of us, and soon enough you'll face the world with me." Maggie's words so confident and powerful I longed for smile stitched on my lips. "I haven't smiled in a while." "You should, you look pretty with a smile on," Maggie said happy, in fact, I and Maggie have become tight as to say she was now my sister. She doesn't have to be blood-related, but I appreciate her in every way possible. She's helped me in various ways one can never imagine, and never dream of. I am honored I got to meet her.

"I appreciate you, I am privileged and honored that I got to meet you, Maggie Smith." An beneath the pale face the blushing warmth of a kind friend rushed to my cheeks. She hugged me.

The rest of the day went on, as usual, duties and all. The boys had yet to return.
Shane visited, as usual, we talked. A lot of others came by too especially Hershel who checked me, "starving yourself isn't doing us or yourself any benefits. Everything else is fine but you need to eat  kid." Carl brought in some of his comics for me to also read, "You can borrow them. I've read them all at least twice." "Thanks." "You feeling any better?" "Abit." Truthfully spoken,

Carl was also like my little brother, without the kid I'd be bored out of my mind and lonely. Deprived of any childhood fun, "Thanks for being my friend, Carl." "It's okay, sometimes it is all we ever need. A friend to lend on, to let them lend you their books." "Yeah, your right." I laughed, "It's been awhile since you laughed," "It's been awhile since I did anything. Don't you think?" He smiled at me with sincerity and left my room.

The sun peeked in the middle of the sky behind the white candyfloss clouds, shining brightly on the earth's soil.