Beautiful Hell

The two men sat together, spilling their darkest thoughts like it was going to mean something at the end of the day. It didn't.

Shane could admit, it brought him some sort of peace. Lifting the everlasting weight off his shoulders. Along with that uneasiness and tension that lingered in the air between him and the other boy. He just didn't know if it was enough to silence his thoughts, they always found a way back.

Phin had spent the rest of the day trying to get himself together. Opting to take a shower in Beth's bathroom. Confiding in the younger girl when she came back from the kitchen.

She suggested that perhaps reading a book would help, all he could do was a nod. Anything to take his mind off things,  and they read till night began to fall.

"Are you going back down there?" she cocked an eyebrow, looking up from her book.

He replied, "I'm gonna talk to Shane and then I'll be right back. You can continue reading without me."

Ignoring the stares his presence brought, he bounded down the stairs, instinctively looking for the other man when his feet hit the floor.

"Hey, you should really be resting," Rick said, taking a step forward. "The girls are with Erik, she's being taken care of."

"I'm fine, seriously." he retorted, "I'm just looking for Shane."

Rick just nodded, placing a hand on the younger man's shoulder as reassurance. "Take it easy..."

Shrugging his shoulders, Phin departed Rick on their sperate ways.