Yukino's Lonely Heart

KEIRA'S POV

A while had passed since Yukino started attending the Academy. She's still rough around the edges and she's still cheeky as ever but, thanks to Klaus she's starting to behave, kind of, even though she keeps getting dragged to the Prefect office or the Headmaster's office for misbehaving. Aside from that, my fellow Tamers and I have been working hard with our training for the Magic Games.

Sora has gotten stronger with his ice magic, Kagura's sword skills have gotten a lot better and her magical energy has also gotten stronger after mastering a few powerful spells that Klaus taught her, Hakko's magical energy has gotten stronger so now the Phenox strike was at its perfection.

The twin tamers have also gotten stronger and their teamwork is still perfect as always so nothing much has changed with them. As for me, my ice magic has gotten stronger ever since I got that spell tome from the fairy king and my ability to use Frostguard has gotten a lot better and I've learnt one of the three great Tamer spells like what Hakko did except the one that I mastered was different.

I was in my room, reading the spell tome again and then Kerry spoke up.

"Geez, ever since you got that book, you've been working your butt off to master some of the spells and you've been ignoring me and your familiars as well."

"That's because you're not the one who got picked for the magic games, I promise I'll make it up to you."

"I heard from my classmates that Klaxiara royal magic academy will be participating again this year."

I looked at her surprised and I asked her.

"Klaxiara academy? I've heard about that school, but, I didn't think they would be participating in the Magic games."

Kerry nodded her head and she then said to me.

"It's not the first time that they've taken place in the magic games, before you, Liz and the others came along, we used to be the winners and the favourites to win but, when Klaxiara got a new headmaster, things changed drastically, for the last five years they've won it and even now, to them we're still a joke to them no matter how many times we tried to fight against their students."

"What?! seriously?!"

"I'm afraid so, from what I've heard, that school teaches some of the 'exceptional' students some ancient magic including some dragon magic as well and I think that's because they've got...uh what were they called again?"

"I think I know who and what you're talking about, you must be talking about the Dovahdrog."

"Yeah that's who they're called, but wait, how do you know about the Dragonlords?"

"When I was still with my Father's dark guild, he told me everything about the dragons, their magic, their language and the dragonlords."

Kerry was surprised when she heard me say this and then Rin spoke up.

"She's right, I was also a bit surprised to learn about the Dragonlords still roaming around."

"Why do you say that?"

Kerry asks Rin and then said to her.

"You don't know? it happened years ago around the time when we Tamers became on the brink of extinction, after that fight we had with the Dragon King, the dragonlords tried to tame the dragons but, without the ability to tame an animal or a magical creature, they were hopeless and reasoning with the dragons wasn't any help either, even though of the dragons respected and listened to them back then."

"So what caused them to be a rare few in numbers now?"

"Well, I'm not even sure either but from what my Dad told me, he thinks there might have been a side effect of mastering the dragon magic or the Ministry of magic might have ordered the knights to get rid of them but, I did agree with the whole side effect story, I believe that was the cause."