The End...For Now

KEIRA'S POV

After the invasion, the students wouldn't stop talking about how we Tamers and our old rivals from different schools teamed up with us to take down the dark guild. However, now that we know what my father is really planning to do after he took down the dragon king, we were all determined to become stronger and take him down once and for all. Seiji, who I learnt is my grandfather, is gonna take me to the birthplace to the dragons but, I wanted to spend at least one day with Yukiya so that way he won't feel lonely.

Yukiya and I were given permission to go into town for the day so we can spend one last day as a couple before I leave tomorrow. Yukiya and I walked through town while holding hands while our familiars were following us from behind to at least give us some privacy.

Yukiya and I walked through town for a while and then we got to a cafe. We ordered some ice cream sundaes and we also ordered some fish for Aoi and Rin and a dog bone for Wolfy. As we were having our sundaes, Yukiya spoke up.

"So how are your injuries? you got beaten up pretty bad."

"I'm not as sore as before, besides, these injuries are nothing and thanks to Lady Lyla's healing, I'm back to normal, I can see why Hakko admires her."

I said as I looked at the bandages on my wrists, my left shoulder and a plaster on my cheek. Yukiya smiled at me and he said to me.

"That's good to know, I'm also surprised about you being a-"

"Shh! not so loud, we're not supposed to talk about that, Seiji swore me to secrecy including you and the others."

"Sorry, but, how does it feel to have a grandfather as the dragonslayer?"

"I'm still reeling from the shock of it, but, in a way, I'm glad to know the truth especially what my old man's real goal was this whole time."

I said as I remembered the times that my old man put me through all those months ago. Yukiya looked at me and he then said to me.

"I still can't believe you're gonna be leaving tomorrow."

"I know it might feel like I'll be gone for a long time but, eventually, after three years have passed I'll be back."

Yukiya smiled at me and he then held my hand.

"I know you will."

Yukiya and I smiled at each other when he said this. Wolfy suddenly decided to brush his side against my leg which caught me by surprise. I looked at Wolfy and then he rested his head on my lap.

"Wolfy?"

"Yukiya isn't the only one who's gonna miss you, the animals and the other magical creatures will miss you."

I smiled at Wolfy and I gently patted his head.

"You know, I've been doing a bit of thinking, Yukiya and I can't keep calling you Wolfy, it's starting to sound a bit childish and annoyingly now."

"You're just realising that now?"

"Hehe, sorry, but seriously though, I have been thinking what else to call you, I think the name Seth should suit you better."

Seth looked at me surprised and so did Yukiya. Aoi sat on my shoulder and he said to me.

"That name does suit him better than Wolfy."

"That's true and Seth's right you know."

Rin said as she sat on my other shoulder and she said to me.

"We'll miss you too."

Rin and Aoi rubbed their furry cheeks on my face making me giggle.

"Hehehe, hey cut it you two that tickles."