Chapter 4- Surprise!

Chapter 4

London, UK

October 2021

"Mumma, Mumma, get up Mumma! It is good morning! Get up Mumma!" Annika woke up to her daughter's singing screams. Opening her eyes slowly, she could see Shivi jumping on the bed, in her white and yellow night suit, which was smudged with something dark brown. A strong sweet smell wafted in the hotel room as she focused clearly, and saw a huge chocolate bar, melting away, in Shivi's fingers, palms and some spread all around her mouth.

"Shivi! Where did you get that?" She shouted with alarm, snatching away the bar and throwing it in the dustbin as Shivi jumped on the bed, licking her fingers.

"Viks...gave...yeshterday" She sang, licking her lips.

"Oh God, that's why you are so hyper at eight in the morning! Stop jumping now and get down, come on!" Annika sighed loudly, trying to get her down from the king sized bed.

"No, I want to jump! Up and down!" Shivi laughed loudly as Annika stepped on the bed and held her by the waist. The little girl flung her legs around as her mother took her inside the washroom.

"Darling, how many times have I told you? No chocolates and ice-creams in breakfast!" Annika said calmly, washing her daughter's mouth and face as her daughter now stood quietly.

"Sorry Mumma, my stomach was crying and I was hunglee." She said, pointing at her stomach as Annika smiled, removing her night suit and wrapping her with a towel.

"So why didn't you wake me? Huh?" Annika asked, walking outside of the washroom as Shivi strutted behind her, holding her towel tightly.

"I didn't want to wake you Mumma. You were shleeping." Shivi said as Annika smiled.

"Aww, my baby. Accha, now let's get ready and we will go and have breakfast, ok?" Annika said, kissing her daughter and taking out their clothes from their bags.

"Oki dokie!" Shivi said excitedly. "Mumma, I will have fench toasht! Will we have fench toasht here?"

"Yes darling, I think so." Annika smiled as there was a knock on the door and her phone rang at the same moment. Shivi ran into the washroom, holding her towel tightly as Annika picked her phone and went to open the door.

"Yes Eva, good morning. Everything is all right?" She asked her assistant as Sona walked inside the room, still her in sweatshirt.

As Annika and Eva talked, Shivi peeped out of the washroom and saw Sona.

"Sona Maa, good morning!" She ran towards her and Sona took her in her arms.

"Oh my God Shivi, you are so heavy!" She said and put her down the next moment, as Shivi giggled loudly and Sona grinned.

"Sona Maa, I am gonna be mole heavy because I will eat everything in the bekfasht!" She exclaimed, spreading her tiny arms.

"Oh really?" Sona said with an impressed face.

"Yes, I will finish all the fench toasht!" Shivi jumped, clapping her hands as her Sona Maa laughed loudly.

"Darling, don't you want to try something new?"

"Hmm,I always have fench toasht. Ok, I will try fench toasht with aish queem today! Or fench toasht with apples! I love apples!" Shivi said, deep in thought, tapping a finger on her chin.

"And you also love French toasts, I see." Sona pinched the little girl's cheeks as she nodded vigorously.

"Sona, listen." Annika said, ending her call.