Chapter 43- Bye Bye!

"Please call me as soon as you reach, okay?" Tej told his wife as she packed her suitcase.

"Yes darling I will, the first thing after we land." Jhanvi smiled and Tej sighed.

"I want to go back home with you but this emergency meeting with the London office is-

"It's okay Tej, I understand. And anyways, if Soumya wasn't feeling so uneasy all of a sudden, we wouldn't be leaving. And your meeting was fixed last week. There's nothing we can do." Jhanvi shrugged as Shakti knocked the door.

"Bhabhi, the kids are ready. Should I call for the car?" He asked and Rudra entered the room behind him.

"Mom, let's go. I don't want to miss the flight!" He said and started putting random stuff in his mother's suitcase.

"Hey, that's my razor!" Tej said and removed his belonging from the suitcase as Rudra grumbled.

"Mom, I-

"Ok, let me just use the washroom or am I not allowed that as well?" She asked and Rudra sighed, nodding like a kid.

"Rudra!" Soumya shouted from her room and he ran quickly to his angry wife.

"Yes Sumo?" He asked sweetly as she frustratingly rummaged through their luggage.

"Where are my sunglasses?" She asked furiously and he frowned. "My black ones with the grey rims?"

"I have them." He said and took them out of his pocket.

"Oh thank God!" She sighed and her mood immediately changed. "You are the best, I love you!"

"Let's go!" Jhanvi said and walked in with Tej and Shakti behind her.

Soumya, Rudra and Jhanvi left the room and Tej and Shakti followed them. As they reached the exit of the hotel, Gauri handed a small bag to Soumya.

"It has four sticky puddings." She winked and Soumya gasped.

"Thank you so much Bhabhi! You are the best, I love you!" She said and kissed Gauri's cheek as Rudra huffed dramatically.

"How can you do this Sumo? Ten minutes ago, you were saying the exact same thing to me and now to Chulbul Bhabhi?" He pouted and crossed his arms.

"Stop this drama and get in the car!" Om shook his head and Rudra stuck his tongue out.

"Bhaiya, I am so sorry that we have to leave like this-

"Are you serious Soumya?" Shivaay shook his head. "Don't apologize for God's sake. Nothing is more important than Rumya and you right now. You are feeling uneasy; you have to get to your doctor as soon as possible. Simple. No need to say sorry, okay?" He said and put a loving hand on her cheek.

"Thank you Bhaiya." Rudra smiled and Shivaay sighed.

"When did you guys become so formal?" He chuckled as the car pulled in.

"Take care puttar." Dadi said as she sat in the car. One by one, the Oberois took their seats until Tej, Shakti and Shivaay were left standing outside.

"Om and Gauri, you will be meeting them at the airport?" Shakti asked and Soumya shrugged.

"Who knows, maybe they'll leave for their secret honeymoon!" She chuckled and Rudra nodded.

"God knows they need it!" He laughed and they bid their goodbyes.

"Shut up!" Gauri and Om said together as they too took their car and left.

"Let's get this meeting over with and go back to our home!" Tej shook his head and Shakti nodded.

Shivaay smiled to himself as he saw his Badepapa pine for his family just minutes after they left. If, five years ago, someone had told him that Tej Singh Oberoi will be changed such, he would have laughed and rolled his eyes. But now whenever he saw Badepapa, he could see the love which had returned in his eyes for his wife, the concern which was hidden for his sons and the affection he had for his daughters-in-law, who were no less than Priyanka to him. And who can forget his excitement of becoming a grandfather when Soumya and Rudra had announced their pregnancy a few months ago? Tej had cried in front of everyone unashamedly and had wondered out loud, what if he hadn't mend his ways? He would have missed on so much!

And who knew about missing on things more than Shivaay? He had missed on so many things in his ego. His Annika, their love, their marriage, Sahil and now, Shivi. He remembered his conversation and wondered, did Annika think about...starting things over with him? He wanted to ask her, to call her but he also didn't want to scare her off by showing off his eagerness. All he could do was be patient and wait for her to contact him, if she did. They were leaving three days later and he felt as if he had no patience left in him.

--

"The Oberois left." Annika frowned as she read a message on her phone.

"What? Suddenly?" Sonakshi asked, licking a melting chocolate.

"Uh...Soumya just messaged me...saying thank you for everything and saying she'll call me when they reach India. Their flight took off five minutes ago." She said and put the phone down.

"So...isn't that a relief, that he's gone now?" Vikram asked and Annika shrugged.

"I don't...I am confused." She said and looked down as she sat on the couch. "He came like a shock and left...without saying anything."

"You wanted him to contact you before leaving?" Vikram asked and Annika groaned.

"I don't know! He should have. I mean, a few days ago he's saying things like, think about itand now he's gone? Without a word? What am I to make of this?" She grumbled loudly and Sonakshi shook her head.

"Do you want to? Think about it?" She asked and Annika stared at her.

"I was...thinking about it." She said and her friend's eyes widened. "But...it's still too early to make a sound decision!"

"We aren't judging you, okay?" Vikram said and his wife nodded. "It's just that...we are surprised."

"Why are you suddenly thinking about it? I mean, what changed your mind?" Sonakshi asked. "I am asking just because, I hope it's not some emotional barrier you are trying to cross with this...thinking. To just get over it."

"No. It's not." Annika shook her head. "See, I love him. And he...loves me and Shivi, which was my biggest concern, which if ever was. And he says...he doesn't mind my...conditions."

"Conditions? As in?" Vikram frowned and Annika bit her lip.

"That I will live here. Won't go back to India. And that his mother should stay away from Shivi." Annika said and her friends nodded.

"That's a pretty...intense set of conditions." Sonakshi said.

"No wonder he left all of a sudden." Annika said in a dejected tone. "But...he looked so adamant before...it's hard to believe he left just like that!"

"Well, I guess we know how truly feels now. Sorry." Vikram said and stood up. "I am leaving for the firm, should I drop you to the office?"

"Yes please! I am already late!" Annika shook her head as she looked at the clock saying eight-forty am. "Sona-

"I'll pick the kids from school, you don't have to remind me again and again!" She said and Annika nodded as Vikram took his bag and coat.

"Let's go." He said and left the hall as Annika picked her bag and jacket.

"Anni, we can have tons of chocolate ice cream tonight, if you want, okay?" Sonakshi said and Annika smiled.

"Okay. You would eat chocolate ice cream with me?" She asked with a questioning face.

"Oh no! Iwill have chili ice cream." She said and Annika scowled.

"Gross. Okay, see you later, don't forget to pick the kids from school!" She said before running out and laughing at Sonakshi's shouts.

Twenty-minutes later, she said good bye to Vikram and turned to walk to her office when she bumped into someone.

"Ow!" She gasped as the stranger's cold drink seeped into her top and jeans.

"I am so sorry!" The man said and Annika looked up at the familiar voice and into a set of familiar blue eyes.

"Shivaay?"