Chapter 26- Anger and an Announcement

Chapter 26

"Mumma! You looked so pretty!" Shivi exclaimed as she sipped on a glass of juice. Annika smiled and sent a flying kiss to her daughter who was sitting beside a fast asleep Aryan. Shivi giggled and quickly caught the invisible kiss before smacking it on her cheek and then snatched the remote from Siddharth's hand, putting on a cartoon channel and getting busy in it.

"Yes Anni, you looked gorgeous!" Sonakshi gushed as Annika blushed softly.

"Thank you!" She said as Vikram smirked.

"Of course she looked gorgeous; after all, I had chosen her outfit!" He said and picked the invisible collars of his t-shirt as Sona shook her head, Annika nodded with a grin and Siddharth just rolled his eyes.

"Yes you did! I got so many compliments that day!" Annika smiled as she looked at her friend. "You know what? You should become my stylist!"

"Yes, I think I should! Just imagine, Vikram Jaisingh, Criminal Lawyer and Celebrity Fashion Stylist! Now that's an interesting job title!" Vikram said dramatically and everyone laughed.

"No but seriously Anni, the interview was great!" Siddharth said genuinely and Annika sighed.

"You think so?" She asked and everyone nodded.

"Of course, you did amazing! Don't you trust yourself?" Sona asked with crossed arms.

"I do, it's just that, I trust you guys more!" She said and Siddharth pulled at her cheeks.

"Aww, you are such a cutie pie! Makhan laga rahi hai? What do you want?" Siddharth said, putting his arms on his waist and Annika frowned.

"What? Want? I want nothing. Why would I butter you up?" Annika asked and Siddharth just smiled.

"Because I do the same when I want something from Vikram! Bhai, you are the best! Bhai, you look amazing! Bhai, I trust you the most! Bhai, this salad is supe-

"Ahem, I am sitting right here." Vikram cleared his throat and Siddharth shut up quickly, clearing his throat.

"I was just kidding Bhai! I would never do that, you trust me right? This is all Bhabhi's hormones in the air; I think I have inhaled them-

"Please Sid, kindly do the favour of shutting up!" Sona smiled and Siddharth frowned.

"Bhabhi, you can't talk to me like that! Bhai, say something!" He fake cried, pointing at Sonakshi. Annika laughed under her breath, enjoying everything as free entertainment.

"Babe, you want anything?" Vikram asked his wife oh-so-sweetly and she actually blushed, giggling away. Siddharth huffed and puffed, sitting down on the couch with a thud.

"No one respects me in this household! I hate everyone in this house, except myself!" He grumbled as the three adults burst out laughing, almost waking up Aryan and now asleep Shivi.

"Shhhh!" Sonakshi whispered, putting her one hand on Vikram's mouth and one on herself. Annika and Siddharth still laughed loudly.

"I swear guys, if the kids wake up, no extra dessert for you both tonight!" She threatened and they both shut up quickly and the house resonated in sudden silence.