Chapter 15- Friends? Friends.

Chapter 15

It wasn't easy for him. To think of her as a friend, for the rest of their lives? It was going to be so damn difficult! But he would do it. He had to! It was the only sane way to retain her in his life!

What was the worst that could happen?

He would only get to see her twice or thrice a year, at a get-together or a party or maybe when he visited London for work? He will have to befriend Siddharth. Smile at him. Laugh with him. See him near her all the time. See them celebrate their daughter's birthday every year; see them kiss as Shivi blew the candles. See him steal a kiss from her before he attended to other guests. He could accept that, right?

And then what?

See her blush as Siddharth winked at her or see Siddharth laugh as she made her cute, pouty face at him. He could handle all that! He was a civilized man, he knew how to control his emotions, right?

And the, one day he might see them get married. She would be in a gorgeous crimson and rose colured lehenga, smiling and shying like a bride and he will be standing ten feet away from her as she walked to her husband.

And then he may see them have another baby. See her pregnant, swollen yet smiling. So, so happy with someone else.

"Arghh!" He screamed, throwing away the glass of drink on the floor. "I...I cannot do t-this! I cannot!" Tears flowed from his eyes as the images formed in his head, playing one after another.

"Calm yourself Shivaay!" He whispered to himself. "Everything will be fine! You want Annika in your life, right? So this is the only way you can have her! You will not try to sabotage her life again for your selfishness! It's your good luck that she has forgiven you; now don't do anything that'll make her hate you forever!"

Sighing, he got up and picked the shattered glass pieces. Throwing them in the dustbin, he wiped the sweat on his head and headed to the bathroom. The clock read 5:30 am and he showered quickly, so that he could go and talk to her. It was quite early but he had to talk to her now, he couldn't wait any more.

She was just going into the bathroom for a long shower when her door was knocked harshly, fifteen knocks to be exact. Frowning, she looked at her phone for the time.

6:05 am

"Who can it be?" She wondered before remembering that she had called room-service for breakfast, wondering how it came so early. Quickly tightening her bathrobe, she opened the door, only to find a freshly showered Siddharth grinning widely in his shirtless glory, his hair dripping wet and his six-pack abs flaunting. She frowned as her eyes automatically went to his neck where a large brownish-pink mark stood out from his pale skin.

"Is that a hickey?" She asked, arms half crossed, her finger pointing at the mark. "Is she still in your room?" She asked, her finger now pointing at his room's door just beside Vikram's and he shrugged.

"Yes and no. She left to checkout from her room." He grinned and walked inside and she closed the door behind her.

"Is she going to come back?" She asked, walking to the coffee table and he shrugged.

"What do I know; I will be here with you!" He said and sat on the bed.

"Huh? What if she comes to your room, expecting to find her lover waiting for her?" She said, pouring herself a cup of coffee.

"Why will she be back? It was a one-night stand. Not a let-us-continue-this...whatever! And why do you care so much? And because of you, I forgot why I was here! Give me an iron; I need to iron these shirts!" He grumbled and lay down four shirts on the bed and threw a pair of shoes on the floor and Annika frowned.